PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL gee whats for Christmas - Hanukah Thread...

Wise Old Owl
12-07-2013, 01:11
Seems like this thread gets started every year... see what ideas folks are contemplating... I just did a LL Bean Dri TeK

So that gets the tread started What are folks Thinking... Whats hot and not???????????????

http://cdn.blogosfere.it/tempolibero/images/santa-with-laptop-anteprima-400x266-540877-anteprima-600x399-542364.jpg

Feral Bill
12-07-2013, 01:38
I could use new snowshoes.

moocow
12-07-2013, 01:57
I'm hoping for a new black diamond headlamp and a snowpeak 900 mug.

Wise Old Owl
12-07-2013, 02:43
Light your fire and make coffee!

russb
12-07-2013, 07:39
Well Hanukkah is over for this year, so it is just Christmas gifts left. Oh I forgot Bodhi Day is tomorrow, and lets not forget Yalda, Saturnalia, Yule, and my favorite, Festivus. Its a festivus for the rest of us!

moytoy
12-07-2013, 07:53
I got my Ham ticket about a month ago and I'm now looking for a radio to do SOTA contacts. SOTA-summits on the air

HeartFire
12-07-2013, 09:02
Well, since Chanukah is a year away, I can dream for next year - I want a new backpack - just like my old one, but they don't make it anymore. I'm thinking of taking mine apart and copying the pattern and sewing up a new one. - it's a granite gear Nimbus Ozone and I love the pack - it just fits me well and carries well.

Teacher & Snacktime
12-07-2013, 10:20
I'd like ALL the gear and have little, so anything would be great...Santa has a way of knowing what would be best :)

rocketsocks
12-07-2013, 10:40
I'd like ALL the gear and have little, so anything would be great...Santa has a way of knowing what would be best :)
Yes he does. My Pop had the uncanny ability to know just what I was after, he was a very observant man and I can't remember how may times I said "But How did you know", Now with kids of my our I see. It's funny how people will show ya what's on their mind if you let.

[Don't let me Santa Baby, Daddy needs a knew long sleeve Merino Shirt.....medium in black] hehe

But the gifts I miss the most aren't the tangible ones he gave, but those that seem to keep giving.

Traffic Jam
12-07-2013, 12:02
A LightHeart tent, Nathan heel lights, and a polar fleece buff. No jewelry, shoes, or purses for this girl.

Another Kevin
12-07-2013, 12:28
I could use new snowshoes.

A 0° F sleeping bag. (Also a down puffy and a windshirt, but that's because I've lost a fair amount of weight and none of my cold weather gear was fitting me any more! My wife and I have agreed that replacing clothing we've undergrown can be budgeted for.)

I got the snowshoes last year - MSR Lightning Ascent, with the tails so that I can get the flotation for the two days a year that we have powder. I gotta save my money to afford some winter mountaineering training. (I'm badly in need of a refresher!) Without the training, getting the crampons and ice axe will be worse than useless - because I'll be tempted to go out without being in practice, and likely to get into trouble. I know me.

rickb
12-07-2013, 12:52
I got the snowshoes last year - MSR Lightning Ascent, with the tails so that I can get the flotation for the two days a year that we have powder. I gotta save my money to afford some winter mountaineering training. (I'm badly in need of a refresher!) Without the training, getting the crampons and ice axe will be worse than useless - because I'll be tempted to go out without being in practice, and likely to get into trouble. I know me.

We don't do anything technical, so snowshoes or instep crampons have always seemed to work. That said, a few weeks ago I splurged on some microspikes, and think they are the best thing going. I can't believe I did without for so long. Best invention in decades. For Christmas it's back to the basics-- top quality light weight glove liners.

jimmyjam
12-07-2013, 12:53
I'm getting some cuben to make myself a tarp .

Feral Bill
12-07-2013, 13:04
A 0° F sleeping bag. (Also a down puffy and a windshirt, but that's because I've lost a fair amount of weight and none of my cold weather gear was fitting me any more! My wife and I have agreed that replacing clothing we've undergrown can be budgeted for.)

Wise thinking, The ADK class I took decades ago was very good, I expect they are even better now.

Teacher & Snacktime
12-07-2013, 13:19
Yes he does. My Pop had the uncanny ability to know just what I was after, he was a very observant man and I can't remember how may times I said "But How did you know", Now with kids of my our I see. It's funny how people will show ya what's on their mind if you let.

[Don't let me Santa Baby, Daddy needs a knew long sleeve Merino Shirt.....medium in black] hehe

But the gifts I miss the most aren't the tangible ones he gave, but those that seem to keep giving.

Like that memory :)

Gonecampn
12-07-2013, 14:42
A puppy!? :)

Old Hiker
12-07-2013, 15:14
Winning Lotto ticket and a good lawyer.

Wise Old Owl
12-07-2013, 15:18
A puppy!? :)

Sounds like fun pick a breed with legs to go hiking!

Gonecampn
12-07-2013, 15:43
I had a chihuahua once that could out hike me or any other dog on the trail. Crazy little thing. I sure do miss her. I said id never own anything even close to that breed. I "inherited" her. She ended up being one of the best pups that I've ever owned :)

Sent from somewhere in the woods.

Feral Bill
12-07-2013, 15:45
Winning Lotto ticket and a good lawyer. Good luck with both of those.:)

HeartFire
12-07-2013, 17:50
A LightHeart tent, Nathan heel lights, and a polar fleece buff. No jewelry, shoes, or purses for this girl.
all LightHeart Gear stuff is on sale thru the end of the year - 20% off on everything.

Traffic Jam
12-07-2013, 18:00
all LightHeart Gear stuff is on sale thru the end of the year - 20% off on everything.

I'm SO hoping you're working on my tent...hopefully Santa put the order in, he loves sales too!

Theosus
12-07-2013, 18:16
I've got pretty much what I need and want… I could use a pole upgrade since mine seem to suck. But I don't need them.

My wife wants me to get a Delorme InReach - that's just what I need, a way for her to send me guilt trip texts even once I turn my cell phone off.

Wise Old Owl
12-07-2013, 18:37
Ouch - text her back I with the "girls" right now... tis busy....