PDA

View Full Version : Lost Camera - PA325 Clark's Valley parking area

PAHiker
12-16-2013, 09:19
I lost my digital camera in the parking area at the AT crossing on PA325 in Clark's Valley yesterday (Sunday 12-15). If any Whiteblazers are out that way I would appreciate if you would take a look for it. We parked in the wide spot near the road and there are two bare spots showing where we parked before the snow started. The camera is probably near the bank at the back of one of those spots. It is in a black case and is some type of inexpensive Canon camera and the battery charger is in there as well. If anyone comes across it PM me and I will be glad to pay you something for your time.

Malto
12-16-2013, 16:32
If I can get out of work at a descent hour I will take a spin up there and check then do a nice snowy, night hike under a full moon. I will let you know if I head up there either way

PAHiker
12-16-2013, 17:19
Thanks, we parked pretty close to the north end of the pull off just before the access road to the lower lot. Should be two bare spots side by side where we backed up to the bank.

Malto
12-16-2013, 19:18
Thanks, we parked pretty close to the north end of the pull off just before the access road to the lower lot. Should be two bare spots side by side where we backed up to the bank.

I found it. No promises that it works, it looks like some moisture got into the case. I removed the battery and will put it in rice when I get home. But first, time for a moonlit trail run. :)

canoe
12-16-2013, 21:42
Dang. thats just amazing. Nice job malto

HikerMom58
12-16-2013, 21:46
Dang. thats just amazing. Nice job malto

For REAL... nice job Malto... have a great run! That's incredible!! :banana

Ha Ha... the banana's don't dance anymore... LOL

Traffic Jam
12-17-2013, 08:11
[QUOTE=HikerMom58;1825799]For REAL... nice job Malto... have a great run! That's incredible!! :banana

Ha Ha... the banana's don't dance anymore... LOL[/QUOTE

your banana is dancing

PAHiker
12-17-2013, 09:08
I can't thank you enough Malto,

There was no way I could justify driving 2 hours back to the trailhead to look for it so I figured it was gone. I realy appreciate you even making the effort to go out there in the first place and then to actually find it in working condition was more than I expected. I sent you my address and will be sure to send you a Christmas card.

This is what makes Whiteblaze a great place.

HikerMom58
12-17-2013, 10:34
[QUOTE=HikerMom58;1825799]For REAL... nice job Malto... have a great run! That's incredible!! :banana

Ha Ha... the banana's don't dance anymore... LOL[/QUOTE

your banana is dancing

For real ITri? When i post, it's motionless. :p

There was no way I could justify driving 2 hours back to the trailhead to look for it so I figured it was gone. I realy appreciate you even making the effort to go out there in the first place and then to actually find it in working condition was more than I expected. I sent you my address and will be sure to send you a Christmas card.

It really is....

ki0eh
12-17-2013, 11:30
Now I see what happens when I don't check, I was heading nearby last night. Good to see that it was found.

I have another thing you lost here, a GLONASS receiver with 2 m range pole. ;)

Malto
12-17-2013, 14:23

Actually, it should be me thanking you. I had one of the best trail runs ever last night. Nighttime, snow, full moon, no head lamp...... It doesn't get any better than that. (Other than maybe a few degrees warmer than 20). After the experience last night I will start to make it a point to do some evening trail runs on full moon nights.

PAHiker
12-19-2013, 18:00
The camera arrived today, thanks so much. We night hiked in to William Penn shelter Friday night by moonlight and I agree, night hiking under a full moon will be added to my backpacking routine more often from now on.