PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to go backpacking in-between Dec 22nd - Jan 5th?

HAL9e3
12-17-2013, 17:20
Hey guys,

I live in NoVA right now and was planning on going backpacking sometime in-between Dec 22nd - Jan 5th. I'm a little new to winter backpacking so I am currently in the process of getting gear/doing research. I was hoping to get a hiking bud to share the experience with. If anyone is interested please let me know and we can talk some/make some plans!

FYI I am a 24/m but I'm willing to team up with anyone :).

Dogwood
12-17-2013, 17:48
I also have a bride to order contact if you want. :D

CalebJ
12-17-2013, 18:03
I'm probably going to do a trip through Shenandoah NP the week after Christmas.

Durtydan
12-17-2013, 18:51
too bad not in Jersey or I'd be down

Studlintsean
12-17-2013, 20:15
I'm in NoVA also but ill be backpacking down in the SW VA area those dates. Ill keep you posted when I do my January trip (normally try to get 1 trip a month in). What are of NoVa and would you be interested in PA? Ill probably head north from Caledonia if I can get 2 nights.

SunnyWalker
12-18-2013, 10:33
I'm going to be backpacking here at home.

HAL9e3
12-18-2013, 11:15
I'm in NoVA also but ill be backpacking down in the SW VA area those dates. Ill keep you posted when I do my January trip (normally try to get 1 trip a month in). What are of NoVa and would you be interested in PA? Ill probably head north from Caledonia if I can get 2 nights.

Cool, yeah feel free to let me know when your going on your trips, I'll definitely try to make them. I live in Merrifield/Vienna right now but I'm open to driving a couple of hours to get to a trail. In the short term I'm looking for a hiking partner since I have Dec 22nd - Jan 5th off but I'm open to weekend trips after that too. Thanks for responding!

Namtrag
12-18-2013, 11:33
search meetup.com

I know there are a few backpacking/hiking groups in the DC and Richmond area.

Studlintsean
12-18-2013, 21:59
I might be doing a trip on Saturday for 1 night. Let me know if you're interested and if so ill confirm tomorrow or Friday afternoon. It would be in GWNF.

HAL9e3
12-19-2013, 16:11
I might be doing a trip on Saturday for 1 night. Let me know if you're interested and if so ill confirm tomorrow or Friday afternoon. It would be in GWNF.

Ah I would have been interested but I'm only going to be buying the majority of my gear this weekend. If it was next weekend I def. would have taken you up on the offer. Hopefully I can make the next ones!