PDA

View Full Version : A little video I made of my "Woody Gap to Blood Mountain and back" hike

AllenIsbell
12-19-2013, 19:26
I'm not sure if you guys are into watching other people hike, but I love making videos of my hikes. I have never posted one online before, but figured I would give it a shot. If you have 18 minutes to spare, check it out. I did this hike earlier this year. My intentions were to shoot some great pictures of the view on the Blood Mountain summit. The weather messed that up for me.

Before you watch it I will say that I repeated myself quite a few times, and was wrong about some of the locations. Most of the time there were hours in between shots so I guess I forgot what I had said in the prior videos. I could have edited it out, but I don't mind being wrong sometimes! :)

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB8szSoqvW0

Watch in HD if you can.

Thanks, everyone!

Allen

HikerMom58
12-19-2013, 21:38
I hope you keep hiking, Allen! :>)

Turk6177
12-20-2013, 10:09
I was treated to similar views as you when I was on Blood Mountain. The trail was literally a small stream as the rain poured down. It was still a great hike. Thanks for the video. Any time I can see parts of the AT, the better.

AllenIsbell
01-04-2014, 16:26
I hope you keep hiking, Allen! :>)

Definitely. My knee hasn't given me issues since this hike. I have been on 2 other weekend long hikes since then.

I was treated to similar views as you when I was on Blood Mountain. The trail was literally a small stream as the rain poured down. It was still a great hike. Thanks for the video. Any time I can see parts of the AT, the better.

Yeah, the rain sucked, but I enjoyed myself 100%. No problem. More to come!

Last Call
01-04-2014, 18:06
Thanks for posting...was that last meal on Preaching Rock?

AllenIsbell
01-04-2014, 18:33
I'm not sure of the name of the rock. It is within the first mile from Woody's Gap to Blood Mountain shelter. Amazing view on my way up. Not so great on the way back.

AllenIsbell
01-04-2014, 18:34
I just looked up pictures of Preachers Rock. Yes, that was it!