PDA

View Full Version : clothes

Happy44
12-21-2013, 15:16
what clothes are people bring on there 2014 hike? me- long sleeve long fleece and wind breaker , 1 long pants one short sleeve shirt and shorts, 3 socks 3 sock liners one pair of boxers and a bandana!

hikerboy57
12-21-2013, 15:17
when is your start date?

kayak karl
12-21-2013, 15:18
let them know when you're leaving. N or S also.

Nyte
12-21-2013, 17:15
I think this is the first gear list I have seen that doesn't include at least some combination of brand name, weight, insulation weight, or material for each item...

Slo-go'en
12-21-2013, 17:35
That's pretty lean clothes list. I'd go with a long sleeve shirt rather then a short sleeve. If it's warm enough for short sleeve, I just use a T-shirt.

Unless it's just an overnight in the summer, I carry:

1 - long sleeve shirt (green dickie work shirt, makes me look like a ranger :) )
2 - T-shirts - one for hiking, one for sleeping
1 - pair converta pants
2 - nylon boxer underware.
1- Fleece or wool shirt (large enough to go over a couple of layers)
1 - wind/rain shell
1 - hat, baseball cap
Couple pair of socks

I might add nylon shorts, they can be handy for laundry day or hotels with an indoor pool.

In the spring and fall I add:
1- warm hat, fleece
1- pair of light gloves
1- long sleeve thermal top, light weight
1- thermal long Johns, light weight
1- vest, synthetic fill

Happy44
12-22-2013, 23:06
march 4th is my start date

Mumbles_2014
12-23-2013, 02:35
I'm leaving around the same time for my thru and bringing long underwear top and bottom, t-shirt, hiking mid layer, rain jacket, down jacket, hiking pants, rain pants, running shorts, 3 pairs of socks, and 2 boxers. With all this i'm still concerned if I'm going to stay warm enough so I think you might be pretty cold and wet with you're current set up unless a heatwave hits.

gollwoods
12-23-2013, 06:47
I use a hooded fleece because the hood won't get lost or dropped

hikerboy57
12-23-2013, 09:41
march 4th is my start date
you will die.
well,maybe you wont die, but you're not gonna be very comfortable. at the very least you need to add an insulating layer(down or micropuff)long underwear and rainwear, not so much for rain, but as an insulating layer and windblocker, as well as hat and gloves. nighttime temps can easily hit the single digits, unless we experience an unusually mild early spring.winter bag/quilt is a must too.

daddytwosticks
12-23-2013, 15:58
Some of you don't have a warm hat listed. I bring a very light (approx. 1 ounce) hat even in the summer on my section hikes. :)

Trance
12-23-2013, 17:20
2 pairs of non cotton underwear
2 pairs of wool socks
Pair of Convertible Water resistant hiking pants
Pair of Shorts
2 Tech T
Lightweight wool underwear
Lightweight long sleeve wool top
Hat (one that can cover ears if needed on cold nights/mornings)
Softshell jacket
Rain jacket

Dont get too fancy.

bigben
12-23-2013, 17:29
Wearing: UA boxer briefs, UA charged cotton T(yes cotton, and they rock), REI trail pants, Smartwool PHD socks, ball cap. Sometimes a Marmot Ion windshirt

Packed: the exact same as above except hiking shorts instead of pants, Smartwool long sleeve T shirt plus a down vest, cotton sleep shorts, knit hat, Alps Mountaineering rain jacket

Never needed more. I like having a complete outfit dry at all times. Usually don't touch it at all; wear the same clothes for a week.