PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Trail Presentation - Sept 18th @ REI in Atlanta

MOWGLI
08-29-2005, 09:27
FYI, Profile & Almanac & Bookburner will be joining me at the REI Atlanta store (Perimeter) on Sunday Sept 18th at 2 PM for a presentation on hiking the Colorado Trail. I hope some of the Whiteblaze members in the Atlanta area will come out for the program. It should be a good time. A lot of the info will be pertinent for any prospective AT thru-hikers.

Here's some more details;

Hiking the Colorado Trail: How to prepare for extended backpacking trips.
September 18th, 2:00 – 4:00 PM

Come learn about hiking the Colorado Trail from the experts! In this informative program, several different perspectives on hiking the 468-mile Colorado Trail will be explored. Atlanta area resident Matt Roane will discuss his recent solo thru-hike of the trail. Dahlonega residents Josh & Leigh Saint will discuss thru-hiking the Colorado Trail as a couple. Lastly, Chattanooga resident Jeffrey Hunter and his 15 year-old daughter Martha will discuss their recent 5-day 57-mile father/daughter section hike of the trail.

This program is sure to offer something for everyone!

Cost: Free
Registration Required? No.

For directions or additional info;

http://www.rei.com/stores/store_events.jsp?store=54

08-29-2005, 10:22
If you are in the area do come. It will be a good time.

MOWGLI
09-04-2005, 13:40
If you are in the area do come. It will be a good time.

Yesterday I met with Profile, Almanac & Bookburner, and we put together a "killer" 74-slide presentation for the 18th. Although I give lots of presentations, I'm particularly excited about this one.

I hope some of you WB regulars as well as the lurkers and aspiring thru-hikers turn out for the program. There is well over 10,000 miles of backpacking experience represented in the program - with several different approaches/philosophies that'll be there willing to share info with you. Bookburner is also the author of the "Enlightened Thru-Hiker", which is a great resource for the long distance hiker.

See ya!

MOWGLI
09-16-2005, 19:03
Last call! I hope to see some of you at REI Atlanta (Perimeter Store) on Sunday Sept 18th @ 2 PM for a "Rockin'" presentation on the Colorado Trail. Josh & Leigh, owners of www.Hikerhostel.Com and Matt Roane, author of the Enlightened Thru-Hiker will be joining me.

Hope to see ya there!

Whistler
09-16-2005, 22:14
Thanks for the reminder. See you there!
-Mark

Tha Wookie
09-16-2005, 22:21
2 PM huh.... Island Mama and I just might have to crash it......... In fact, I just talked it over with her, and we'll be there.

MOWGLI
09-16-2005, 22:53
Thanks for the reminder. See you there!
-Mark

2 PM huh.... Island Mama and I just might have to crash it......... In fact, I just talked it over with her, and we'll be there.

Great! I'll bring the dancing bananas. :banana :banana :banana

09-19-2005, 00:11
Great fun to day helping Little Bear with the presintation. Good to see everyone who was there.