PDA

View Full Version : Larger Size outdoor Apparel

Nyte
12-24-2013, 21:51
So I notice more and more, it's hard to find decent clothing in larger sizes, especially affordable items. Bottoms, footwear, hats and handwear are less a problem, but tops are a pain, I swear manufacturers are convinced that outdoor enthusiasts must be all people below a certain size.

I wear a 3xl sometimes tall (depends on the cut), as I have broad shoulders, a large barrel chest and a long torso, and I try often to find decent base layers, mid layers, insulation, windshirts, and shells, with little to no luck, and often when I can, the price borders on ludicrous.

So, anyone have sources, manufacturers, ideas or other for locating such things. I would really like to find wool base layers (long and short sleeve), and an option for the rest aside from hit or miss availability and choices from Columbia. I don't mind fleece (I rather like it), but options for down, or more compressible synthetic insulation layers would be nice, without having to sell a kidney to make it happen.

Feral Bill
12-24-2013, 22:08
Try LL Bean. They at least have tall sizes, unlike everyone else.

kayak karl
12-24-2013, 22:17
this is where i buy work clothes they do have 3x tall in baselayers http://www.duluthtrading.com/

HeartFire
12-24-2013, 22:27
And 99% of the women's 'outdoor clothes' are for fashionista's, they are not at all functional, so you are not alone in your quest for decent outdoor clothing