PDA

View Full Version : App pop -ups

q-tip
12-26-2013, 11:35
It is really a pain to have to navigate around the seemingly constant pop-ups for the Talkatap app. Please take this off, nothing but a pain and there is no way I am paying to get directly to the full site.....

4eyedbuzzard
12-26-2013, 11:41
I think the pop-up for the tapatalk version you are speaking of is free. I put it on my android phone a month or so ago and it works pretty well.

jimmyjam
12-26-2013, 11:46
Same here . It was free.

theinfamousj
12-27-2013, 02:09
I think your concern is with the maker of the tapatalk app rather than white blaze. Not much the forum can do to change the behavior of an app they have no control over.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

4eyedbuzzard
12-27-2013, 21:35
I think WB may offer up the app when the server detects a mobile device.

Alligator
12-27-2013, 22:07
What device are you using to browse WB with? Smartphones often default to mobile sites (not WB specific either), at which time you might be getting the popup. You might need to tell your phone you want the full site, which you do not have to pay for to access. The tapatalk app is only $1.99 if I remember correctly, which goes to the developer. Can't help you much without knowing what you are using though.

theinfamousj
12-27-2013, 22:18
I think WB may offer up the app when the server detects a mobile device.

An app is a separate program. Are you saying that if you use the Web browser on your phone to go to WB, it downloads a new program to your phone?

4eyedbuzzard
12-27-2013, 23:06
An app is a separate program. Are you saying that if you use the Web browser on your phone to go to WB, it downloads a new program to your phone?

Either WB or your data carrier is creating the pop up because a mobile device is detected. FWIW, the tapatalk app that pops up with WB is a free version. I'm using it right now.

4eyedbuzzard
12-27-2013, 23:09
And you would then have to download it to install it. Out would take you to the app store and the free tapatalk app.

mudsocks
12-27-2013, 23:27
If you simply enable cookies on your mobile device and click cancel, followed by clicking the x next to the tapatalk 'ad' at the top of whiteblaze page it will stop asking you to download tapatalk.

Alligator
12-27-2013, 23:42
Either WB or your data carrier is creating the pop up because a mobile device is detected. FWIW, the tapatalk app that pops up with WB is a free version. I'm using it right now.I bought the app maybe 1-2 years ago, looks like they have changed the pricing/versions at the Play store. I guess now there is a free version and Tapatalk Pro for $2.99. Anyway it appears I now have the free version as well. (I don't use it anymore). I just bounced around in it though and I am not seeing the popups. I'm thinking the OP may not have Tapatalk installed and his device keeps going to mobile view. The device tells the website what kind of device it is and what browser is being used then the site will provide the correct site view.

There is a setting to allow Tapatalk to offer the app up once. There might be a cookie involved that is getting wiped and/or the device is not staying in full browser mode. I don't really know without further clarification from q-tip.

Alligator
12-27-2013, 23:45
If you simply enable cookies on your mobile device and click cancel, followed by clicking the x next to the tapatalk 'ad' at the top of whiteblaze page it will stop asking you to download tapatalk.or word from octothorpesarus:). I guess it was a cookie.