PDA

View Full Version : The best pair of SHOES, but what size are they?

Statue
01-05-2014, 12:28
I bought a pair of Scarpa Epic Pros in Manchester Center, VT to finish up the last 500 miles of my thru and they were the best shoes I've had. I want to buy another pair as I'm gearing up for the PCT but the sizing is completely worn off on the tongue of both shoes. I pulled out the insoles and can't find anything either. Any ideas on how to find out what size they are? I know they're probably in the range of 11-12.5. The only identifying mark I can find on the shoes is "JY31" towards the bottom of the tongue.

4eyedbuzzard
01-05-2014, 13:08
I bought a pair of Scarpa Epic Pros in Manchester Center, VT to finish up the last 500 miles of my thru and they were the best shoes I've had. I want to buy another pair as I'm gearing up for the PCT but the sizing is completely worn off on the tongue of both shoes. I pulled out the insoles and can't find anything either. Any ideas on how to find out what size they are? I know they're probably in the range of 11-12.5. The only identifying mark I can find on the shoes is "JY31" towards the bottom of the tongue.When did you buy them? The store may be able to look up your purchase from your name, or even just the date if it was a cash purchase. Most places are pretty helpful - especially if you hint there could be another sale in it for them if you catch my drift.

Statue
01-05-2014, 15:22
When did you buy them? The store may be able to look up your purchase from your name, or even just the date if it was a cash purchase. Most places are pretty helpful - especially if you hint there could be another sale in it for them if you catch my drift.

I bought them around August 19th. It wasn't at the EMS outfitter. It might of been at Sams but it doesn't look familiar on Google Maps. I just remember them having a huge selection of shoes, the biggest I had sean on the trail. I'll try checking my bank statements.

Statue
01-05-2014, 16:46
Got it sorted. Found out it was at mountain goat, called and they called me back a few hours later with my size, it was a 45.5.

4eyedbuzzard
01-06-2014, 02:20
They are a really good local outfitter there. It's become a tough business with all the internet competition. Hanover NH had two independent outfitters go out of business in the last few years. I hope the goat keeps going, they have already closed one store.