PDA

View Full Version : Gear Cleanout - DOWN DOWN DOWN Sleeping Bags

brancher
01-08-2014, 17:06
You can use these by themselves or harvest the down from them for use in DIY projects (or whatever)...

1. Down Mummy bag from Alps Sports (the blue bag in the pics) - this is an oldie-but-goodie from Alps, which was bought out awhile back I think. 550 down, regular length, Left zipper and with cinched hood. This bag is good to at least 20F, but it's a little heavy at 3.5 lbs. Nice and snug, though. It has a few repair places that don't affect its warmth, but you may do what you want with them. Stored in climate-controlled environment in a large, uncompressed bag.
SOLD,

2. Sierra Designs 15F/0F Convertible bag with summer-bag capability (the Red/Black bag in the pics). This 600FP down left-zip bag is one of SD's convertible bags - without the UL lid attached, it is a 15F bag, and with it zipped on it becomes a 0F bag. Also, I bought a backing piece for the lid that attaches to the existing zippers on the lid and effectively becomes a summer down bag with straps and clips for attaching to a pad. This convertible bag is in outstanding condition, very well maintained and kept in the Sierra designs storage bag uncompressed. It is a LONG and fits up to 6'6", and weighs just over 3 lbs in its 15F configuration and about 4 lbs at 0F config..SOLD.

Both Bags have been cared for and maintained well in a non-smoking home, and both have been stored uncompressed in an indoor (bedroom) closet when not in use. Both have draft tubes and hood drawstrings, and the Alps has a separate foot-end zipper so the foot end can be opened independently of the side. Also, both are full-zip so they can be used as quilts or bags, and have enough fill to be adapted to other uses.

I am letting the Alps bag go ridiculously cheap since it has a couple of repaired (patched) places, and it is a great candidate for down harvesting or a colder weather bag. The Sierra Designs bag is an outstanding piece of gear, very accurate for temp ratings, etc. I love this bag but it is just a tad heavy for my purposes these days. Ymmv.

Open to reasonable offers, or if you are interested in a trade, please PM me and we can discuss offline.

First 'I'll Take It' gets 'em.

brancher
01-08-2014, 20:45
The Sierra Designs 15/0 bag has been SOLD!!!

Still have the Alps left

dink
01-08-2014, 22:02
pm sent about the alps bag

dink
01-08-2014, 22:18
I'll take the alps. :)

Wise Old Owl
01-08-2014, 22:19
Dink I think you have a winner!

dink
01-08-2014, 22:21
you know it!!!

brancher
01-08-2014, 23:29
I'll take the alps. :)

Sold!! Thanks, Dink. I get you proper info.

Br