PDA

View Full Version : The One True Original Pepsi Can Stove

ScreaminSteven
01-11-2014, 09:12
I've been fabricating beverage stoves, stands, and screens for almost 10 years now, and finally have improvements that may be worth summarizing with a Youtube vid or web page. Yeah ... I know, this kind of thing has been done to death. Am also aware that such-similar designs are 120-years old (http://www.google.com/patents/US560319).

Anyhow, I'd like to find the progenitor of the original open-top, soda-can type of alcohol stove. The first design that I consulted for a 2004 thru-hike was one of Scott Henderson's from PCThiker.com. Would just like to send him an email. That site seems to be taken over by commercial interests now. Using archive.org, I can find [email protected] as an original email contact, but that bounces. Unfortunately, Scott shares the name of a famous person, a guitarist. Similarly, the Croc Hunter is my googleganger. His name difficult to hunt on social media sites.

Is he so rich and famous that he hides? Anyone know a message board he lurks these days? Or, is permanent hiding from his hoards of fans?

zelph
01-13-2014, 11:57
Interesting.
Good luck on your search.

What year did he come out with it? What indicates he was the original designer?

I'll do a little research on it to see what I come up with. there was a guy on survival.com that hcame up with a DIY instruction thing that he sold on the internet.

I'll check.