PDA

View Full Version : Golite Z10

liberty lover
01-13-2014, 00:05
I'm thinking about getting a Golite Z10.Any opinions?

4eyedbuzzard
01-13-2014, 02:51
Backpacker Magazine reviewed it really liked it and said it wasn't confining but . . . Have you tried it on? Girth is stated at 60" which could be a bit tight depending on your upper body size. I know it would be too tight for me (I'm 6' 185lbs - 42 L jacket size). I prefer a 64" girth bag. I don't own one so can't comment other than my Golite packs are top quality, but I have found that many manufacturer's sleeping bags are just too narrow - I can't move my arms enough to open the zipper from the inside.

CyborgAT
01-13-2014, 10:49
I have the Z10 and love it. It's a true 10 degree bag and you can take it lower with some layers on. I'm 6 foot and skinny and I have plenty of wiggle room. The bag also packs down small for a 10 degree. I love the big hood the bag has. Some bags have a smaller hood that doesn't fit your whole head but the Z10's hood goes around your head like a glove. The anti snag zipper is a true anti snag zipper. Haven't snagged the zipper yet because of the nice strip of material guarding the zipper from the pertex quantum. The head and foot box have a water proof material on it so if your tent had any condensation you will be fine. All in all a great bag. My favorite one I've owned thus far. Hope this helps!

bert304
01-13-2014, 20:37
I got one for Christmas and let me tell you it is warm. I went out a couple days after Christmas in North New Jersey. It was 10 degrees at night and I was wearing Smartwool socks, Fleece pants, Tech wick level 2 pants and shirt, Fleece gloves, Turtle fur hat and a down coat from Columbia. I was warm all night long, it is well worth the 349.99 price tag. If you have a compression bag it can be compressed down to half the size of the area in the bottom of a Osprey Atmos 68 liter pack.

bert304
01-13-2014, 20:42
By the way I n 6 foot tall and weigh 240lbs and I fit in to the sleeping bag well. I got the long version and I had enough room to move my arms around