PDA

View Full Version : Celeb's on the AT

Miss Janet
09-01-2005, 17:14
I drove out of Hot Springs this afternoon and stopped to speak to a group of ladies walking across the bridge back into town. I asked the first one that approached the Big Yellow Troop Carrier about the hike... as I drove away I thought I think I know that lady... did she Thru hike back in 2001???? 2003??? NOOOO, this was the lady I spoke to...

Actress Andie McDowell!!! Wow, she's a hiker!! Cool! Maybe she will be in A Walk in the Woods?

http://www.movie-database.de/filmo_port_bio/filmography/filmo_amcdowell.html

http://www.retiresouth.net/index.cfm?fa=Region&State=NC&region=Western

BooBoo
09-02-2005, 00:34
I drove out of Hot Springs this afternoon and stopped to speak to a group of ladies walking across the bridge back into town. I asked the first one that approached the Big Yellow Troop Carrier about the hike... as I drove away I thought I think I know that lady... did she Thru hike back in 2001???? 2003??? NOOOO, this was the lady I spoke to...

Actress Andie McDowell!!! Wow, she's a hiker!! Cool! Maybe she will be in A Walk in the Woods?

http://www.movie-database.de/filmo_port_bio/filmography/filmo_amcdowell.html

http://www.retiresouth.net/index.cfm?fa=Region&State=NC&region=Western
Cool. I do remember reading a book on the AT that was published in '96. They had a picture of Interior Secretary Bruce Babbit doing the Half Gallon Challange with some hikers.

MOWGLI
09-02-2005, 06:08

She lives in the Asheville area.

Kerosene
09-02-2005, 09:36
Boy, now I can't wait to hike that part of the AT!

neo
09-02-2005, 09:40
addie macdowel is a babe,like wow what a babe:cool: neo

Whistler
09-02-2005, 16:45
addie macdowel is a babe,like wow what a babe:cool: neoDefinitely. She was touring at the college where I worked this past year. Her son was a basketball prospect.
-Mark

Cheesewhiz
09-02-2005, 16:52
I once saw "Angela" from Who's the Boss on the AT in PA. I think her name is Judith light.

Hammock Hanger
09-02-2005, 18:00
I ran into Sigourney Weaver in the EMS up in Lake Placid, NY. Wow was she having a bad hair day. Really worn out boots and paint stained jeans with a slightly dirty t-shirt. Nice to know they can look as bad as the rest of us on a weekend. :) :) Sue

Hikerhead
09-02-2005, 18:56
I'm 99.9% sure I ran into Armie (I think that's his name), the star of Mail Call, while I was coming down off of Tinker Mtn towards Daleville. Stood and talked to him for awhile. This was the morning after a a heavy snow of several inches and it took me forever to get off the mtn because of all the pine trees laying over the trail. I'd bang them with my pole and they would loose their snow and stand up. I told him I cleared his way for him. 5 minutes after we broke off, I thought to myself, Hey!!! I know that guy! I'm real sure it was him, he's been spotted at Va Tech football games.

SGT Rock
09-02-2005, 20:25
Well if I ever get famous, I still plan to hike. Then y'all can have spot reports on me LOL :datz

Chip
09-02-2005, 20:30
She has a home in Asheville. Every now and then you see her out and about. Folks here respect her privacy / space. I saw her in a local store in the Biltmore
Village area this past Wednesday. I beleive she grew up in Black Mountain.
;)

Sly
09-02-2005, 21:05
I beleive she grew up in Black Mountain.
;)

If she wants to visit, she can stay here! :banana

Hammock Hanger
09-02-2005, 21:15
Rock you are already a celeb... you know that any hiker that runs into you on the trail is star struck and comes home and tells all his hiking buds that he saw Sgt Rock on the trail!!! :) Sue/HH

The Hog
09-03-2005, 07:05
All kidding aside, I have been mistaken for Peter Graves and Nick Nolte. But that was many years ago...

I don't doubt that you folks saw who you saw. My point is that look alikes are not uncommon, and resemblances can be extremely close.

neo
09-03-2005, 09:30
Well if I ever get famous, I still plan to hike. Then y'all can have spot reports on me LOL :datz

hey rock,you are famous:cool: neo

SGT Rock
09-03-2005, 09:47
hey rock,you are famous:cool: neo
Well I beg to differ. I may be well known on this site, but I sure ain't famous. I think if I were famous I would get a seat faster in resturaunts LOL.:bse

Buckingham
09-03-2005, 12:10
I thought I saw Robin Williams on the trail once, turns out it was just the can of bad Dinty Moore beef stew I ate:jump

Curt
09-03-2005, 18:06
Many times I have been mistaken for Kenny Rogers but if you see him and me together you will see that we don't look alike at all. I bet you have heard the saying that goes: "believe half of what you see.........."

bogey
09-04-2005, 06:01
I thought I saw Robin Williams on the trail once, turns out it was just the can of bad Dinty Moore beef stew I ate:jump
I saw Elvis once. He was short, fat and Puerto Rican, but I KNOW it was him.

Shutterbug
09-05-2005, 01:45
Last year, I met the "Mole" on the AT. You may remember that "The Mole" was one of the first reality programs on ABC. The Mole turned out to be a retired Admiral.

Last September, he completed the AT. I met him at the Potaywadjo Spring Lean-to last September. His trail name is "The Admiral."

neighbor dave
09-13-2005, 19:29
:jump :clap :jump i saw janet reno at the N.O.C. on opening day. got a photo of her in long johns!!!!! har dee har har!!!
also saw a bill murry look alike the very same day. got a photo with him too!!!
fat chap in glencliff looks like john goodman!!!:D :jump :clap

Teatime
09-14-2005, 01:40
I think his name is R. Lee Ermie. He was a USMC DI and was in the movie Full Metal Jacket.
I'm 99.9% sure I ran into Armie (I think that's his name), the star of Mail Call, while I was coming down off of Tinker Mtn towards Daleville. Stood and talked to him for awhile. This was the morning after a a heavy snow of several inches and it took me forever to get off the mtn because of all the pine trees laying over the trail. I'd bang them with my pole and they would loose their snow and stand up. I told him I cleared his way for him. 5 minutes after we broke off, I thought to myself, Hey!!! I know that guy! I'm real sure it was him, he's been spotted at Va Tech football games.

rickb
09-14-2005, 07:25
I walked by the late Charles Bronson who was sitting alone on a bench on Main Street in Hanover on my 1983 SOBO.

I later learned that he lived in the area.

frieden
09-14-2005, 10:31
Neat! I'm excited about hiking that part now, too! She's great. Too bad she's not on this board; I bet she knows a lot about that area.

jackiebolen
09-14-2005, 11:18
I kept hanging out waiting to see the celebs in Kent, CT. I heard the inside scoop about Kevin Bacon and James Earl Jones (???) being in town. We heard that Jones drove a black Hummer and then we saw one stop in front of us at the deli but sadly it wasn't him. That would have cool to get a pic for the trailjournal of one of them!

Nightwalker
09-14-2005, 11:36
I think his name is R. Lee Ermie. He was a USMC DI and was in the movie Full Metal Jacket.
And died with his boots on. And a surprised look on his face...