PDA

View Full Version : Posting on White Blaze

Praha4
01-14-2014, 12:15
General question for someone more experienced on WB than myself. (not sure which forum these questions go under either). When I've posted, I'm unable to use paragraph breaks in my posts.... how do you keep all the text from being squeezed together without line breaks? tia

tiptoe
01-14-2014, 12:47
I haven't had that problem, but you might try the "switch editor to source mode" button (the first one on the left in the quick reply array, and inserting a paragraph tag where you want the break. Use this syntax for the tag, and then preview, if you can, to see if it works:
<p>

mak1277
01-14-2014, 13:07
Doesn't hitting "enter" work?

It does for me.

Slo-go'en
01-14-2014, 13:11
If your using Windows 7, switch to compatability mode or fire up the old PC and use XP. I don't have any other browsers installed so I can't comment on how say Foxfire or Chrome might look.

Alligator
01-14-2014, 13:13
I haven't had that problem, but you might try the "switch editor to source mode" button (the first one on the left in the quick reply array, and inserting a paragraph tag where you want the break. Use this syntax for the tag, and then preview, if you can, to see if it works:
<p>Somebody else had this issue recently. Tiptoe ' s post may have been the fix but I will see if I can find if something else was recommended.

Alligator
01-14-2014, 13:20
Damn, should've picked Slo-go'en's answer. He and Mags explain it at http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?100767-Paragraph-Break-Issue

tiptoe
01-14-2014, 13:29
I've not had problems in Firefox or Chrome.

slbirdnerd
01-14-2014, 13:33
I have Windows 8 (gag!) at home and cannot make paragraph breaks in anything I type on WB. The enter key does nothing. Here at work: no problem.

StovieWander
01-14-2014, 13:50
I have Windows 8. I have not tried compatibility mode. I either format my text in notepad and copy and paste to WB, or I copy the control characters for terminating a line of text (carriage return + line feed) from a text document onto the clipboard and paste wherever needed in WB. It would be really convenient if WB had a button for new paragraphs, but that would require a software change on the server. Without knowing who wrote the server side software, it is hard to say if that is even feasible. I spent many years as a software developer, and a few as a web developer, so I know how difficult (or easy) that can be.

Praha4
01-14-2014, 16:42
I have Windows 8, and most of the time, use Explorer for browser, but just tried Chrome, and now using the "enter" key, am able to go to new line. Seems like that may be the easy fix here. Thanks for all the tips!

Happy trails!

Mags
01-14-2014, 16:48
Yeah..IE is not the best browser. I've used WB on Win 7,8, OS X, Ubuntu and my iPad as well. Never an issue. Then again, with the exception of a few legacy items, I never use IE. :)

Lucy Lulu
01-14-2014, 21:23
I had the same issue. I ended up just switching to another browser (Mozilla).