PDA

View Full Version : Quick Qestion BPL MEMBERS...

Wise Old Owl
01-19-2014, 18:21
Did BPL fix the issues over there with the spammers? - some folks thought it was out of control over there a year back... not enough moderation or something else was up... I am asking before I subscribe for next year.

Would you subscribe for 2014?

Wise Old Owl
01-19-2014, 18:24
I hate it when my fingers misspell a title... I know I hit the U...

capehiker
01-19-2014, 22:15
I haven't really noticed much spamming but I've only been a member for a year.

MuddyWaters
01-19-2014, 22:18
They had a short week or so about a year ago where they had problems.
That was fixed, basically by requiring membership to post.
If you dont post, reading is still free.
Use ad blocking software is highly recomended.

bfayer
01-19-2014, 22:21
They did. But they did it by adding another level of paid membership. so for a few dollars a year you get to post, and for a few dollars more you get to read all the articles.

I let my membership lapse this year. The value I originally paid for is just not there anymore. The in-depth gear reviews they were once famous for are just not happening.

Malto
01-19-2014, 23:09
They did. But they did it by adding another level of paid membership. so for a few dollars a year you get to post, and for a few dollars more you get to read all the articles.

I let my membership lapse this year. The value I originally paid for is just not there anymore. The in-depth gear reviews they were once famous for are just not happening.

Agree........

Wise Old Owl
01-21-2014, 13:59
Thanks!... . . . . . . . . . . .

RockDoc
01-21-2014, 17:59
I was a member but I dropped it. Seems like the owner has really dropped the ball on BPL compared to several years ago when he was really into it. Their in-stop store was a total mess, neat stuff but always out of stock.

Typical lifecycle of many small organizations, birth, meteoric rise, plateau, crash/fizzle.

In small organizations it often depends on the energy/interest of one individual, and they may simply choose to do something else.

Violent Green
01-21-2014, 22:20
Yeah, the articles are lacking a bit now days. 90% trip reports, 5% winter stove performance, and 5% Kickstarter campaign plugs. There are several great topics that could be covered, new products tested like DWR down. Maybe one day. Still a good site thanks to the forums though.

Ryan

Kerosene
01-22-2014, 09:12
I let my membership lapse this year. The value I originally paid for is just not there anymore. The in-depth gear reviews they were once famous for are just not happening.Same here. I bought quite a bit of gear from the store also. Too bad.