PDA

View Full Version : transportation suggestions wanted

henry g wilgo
01-21-2014, 12:26
hello
seeking suggestions for (cheap) transportation
from train station in gainsboro, ga
to unicol area road leading to a.t. trail for tray mountain

cheapest shuttle of should i try hitching.

plan to depart early april 2014

thankyou henry:o

22weather
01-21-2014, 13:33
Henry, I live in Gainesville, and might be able to run you over to Stringer. How many of you are there and whats the date. If this doesn't work out the Mexican Taxi Co. will for 60.00 its about 32 miles. TIM

Slo-go'en
01-21-2014, 13:35
I think that would be an exceptionally difficult hitch. It's a long way to go and not a very direct path.

The Hiker Hostel might be willing to shuttle you up there along with a stay at thier place, but it's not going to be cheap. I don't know if there are any other shuttlers operating out of Gainsville (not Gainsboro) except maybe a taxi service.

Slo-go'en
01-21-2014, 13:36
Henry, I live in Gainesville, and might be able to run you over to Stringer. How many of you are there and whats the date. If this doesn't work out the Mexican Taxi Co. will for 60.00 its about 32 miles. TIM

Well, there you go...

Happy44
01-21-2014, 13:47
im flying in at 110$ from cleveland, taking teh marta 3.75$ to north springs, and getting picked up by the hiker hostel and spending the night and getting dropped off at spring for 80$
,so for about 200$ total i get it all from cle to springer :)

Happy44
01-21-2014, 13:48
i also can ship some of my stuff right to their door! to make it easyer

henry g wilgo
01-21-2014, 17:34

hello,,,i travel by my self....dont want to go to springer,,need ride to helen, ga then hit the trail 8 miles away and head north toward
tray mountain...can not afford staying at that wonder hiker inn,,, would like to find cheaper cab co or shuttle ride,,

would like to pay a local individual for a ride..

it is early,,,perhaps i may be able to hook up with someone and split cost,,,timing to be arranged.

did not think hitching about 40 miles would be to hard for locals who are use to helping hikers..

looking foward to hearing from all the pros,,,,and thankyou henry trail name to be "TUNA"
because i love giant blue fin tuna fishing.. i even am fortunate enough to fish with Dave tuna.com who is on the national geographic channel...