PDA

View Full Version : long sleeve t shirt question

Tramp
01-22-2014, 22:08
I was looking at the columbia therminal tackle long sleeve t shirt and i can find alot about it for fishing but nothing about it for hiking. Does anyone have this shirt ? Columbia says its wicking & fast drying so...any reason it would not be ok for backpacking ?

Tramp
01-22-2014, 22:11
http://www.columbia.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Columbia_US-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=FM6094

4eyedbuzzard
01-23-2014, 04:15
Should be fine. It's 100% polyester, so it will likely have the typical poly body odor issues as opposed to less BO with wool, but it looks like it would make a good long sleeve base layer/hiking shirt.

daddytwosticks
01-23-2014, 08:14
Save yourself some money and consider the long sleeved t-shirts sold in WalMart or Target. 100% polyester performance type. Great bang for the buck and perform just as well as the trendy stuff. :)

Shonryu
01-23-2014, 19:48
Check out Golite I got one of their backpacking long slew poly shirts if I remember when it was on sale for like $15 at 5oz and it feels equivalent to the weight of a base layer 2 and I also got one of their long sleeve running shirts that weights 3oz. I usually use the long sleeve as part of my layering system for winter camping and the long sleeve for summer incase it gets cold. Ive had no complaints about any of Golites products

4eyedbuzzard
01-24-2014, 00:59
Save yourself some money and consider the long sleeved t-shirts sold in WalMart or Target. 100% polyester performance type. Great bang for the buck and perform just as well as the trendy stuff. :)

+1 . The fruit of the loom bottoms are also pretty much just as good as the name brands costing three times as much.

rocketsocks
01-24-2014, 01:06

+1 . The fruit of the loom bottoms are also pretty much just as good as the name brands costing three times as much.

Hi Tramp...gotta agree with these boys, however if you have found a shirt you have to have for whatever reason, sale, gift , free....that looks like a good one and would work just fine. Hope your doing well.

Tramp
01-26-2014, 21:12
Hi Tramp...gotta agree with these boys, however if you have found a shirt you have to have for whatever reason, sale, gift , free....that looks like a good one and would work just fine. Hope your doing well.
Well hey buddy !! Yep doing good thanks. I hope you and your family had a good christmas and new year.

sillar68
02-01-2014, 14:34
I don't have the exact model, but Sears sells NordicTrack fitness clothing and they have several long sleeve shirts under $15 that might fit your requirements. They've got some polyester stretch-type, quick dry, wicking shirts I've used for a while now and they hold up pretty well. You can find them at any Sears in the men's and women's departments.

Bronk
02-02-2014, 13:21

I agree. Almost all of my hiking clothing is purchased at Walmart at the end of season sales. Get the Starter brand long sleeve shirt with the turtle neck. I've gotten fleece jackets/shirts there for $5 at the end of the winter sales. $10 for lightweight nylon jogging pants that can be washed in a sink and air dried in just a few minutes. I don't want to spend big money for stuff that is going to be abused and stink in short order.

kennyxedge
02-11-2014, 09:17
You can definitely get a comparable shirt on the cheap. I've used a Nike Combat Gear long sleeve and it's great, super comfortable, breathes great, and dries fast.

miaorton
01-21-2015, 00:15
I have some poly fabric long sleeve tops (http://www.showpo.com/tops/long-sleeve.html) which are made in sun protection and I use them particularly for hiking. They are very light weight, dry quickly and are comfy to wear. I have some merino wool tees particularly for backpacking.

Toon
01-21-2015, 00:47
Great for most conditions. There will be a lot of days when you want a short sleeve. I use this company called victory clothing, they repel water better than a rain jacket. You just can't wash them much.