PDA

View Full Version : White Blazers who live near the trail

Happy44
01-23-2014, 01:41
i noticed that alot of people hear live near the trail and post on this board frequently , i start my thru hike on march 1st and wanted to meet a few of you guys on my adventure!
IM really digging hiker moms attitude on here and would love to meet because she seems to be super awesome!

Slo-go'en
01-23-2014, 01:56
Maybe I'll see you looking for a ride back to town from the Gorham Walmart.. hope you make up this way :)

MDSection12
01-23-2014, 02:00
I'm always out and about in MD. :)

tolowo80
01-23-2014, 06:51
I'm always out and about in MD. :)

Same here..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

birchy
01-23-2014, 07:24
I live a 1000' from the trail, 6 miles south of the halfway point, 1 mile north of the Birch Run Shelter, stop in and say hello, pitch your tent, get a shower and we'll have a BBQ. PM'd you with my number

HikerMom58
01-23-2014, 09:58
:sun Thanks for the kind words Happy44!! I'd love to meet you too.

Have a wonderful adventure starting March 1st. We'll be pulling for ya! We luv our hiking class of 2014!! :) Woo Hoo!!

I do live 5 miles from the Daleville AT road crossing. If you & your hiking buds need a helping hand, give me a holler!

kayak karl
01-23-2014, 10:14
keep a journal and update it often (if you are afraid of stalkers delay posts)
people messaged me and stopped on trail to see me. some of the best times i remember. one of them brought me little debbies and hugs. :), others cashed water and crackers, openned their homes and encouraged me. i would of met LW, but he had a heart attack just to avoid me :(

Sara
01-23-2014, 10:40
I'd also love to meet as many White Blazers as possible on my hike!

I've been following the board closely and it would be awesome to meet some of you in person.
If it wasn't for this website I don't think I would have made the decision to do the hike. :cool:

MDSection12
01-23-2014, 10:42
I live a 1000' from the trail, 6 miles south of the halfway point, 1 mile north of the Birch Run Shelter, stop in and say hello, pitch your tent, get a shower and we'll have a BBQ. PM'd you with my number
Wow, wish I had your number a month ago. I bailed on a trip due to snow and cold and thought 'Ridge Road' (just South of Birch Run) was an actual road... Then my ride refused to leave without me when we realized it wasn't plowed at all and they couldn't reach me. It was a long, hectic night. I walked the three miles North on Ridge Road to Shippensburg Road.

HikerMom58
01-23-2014, 10:52
I'd also love to meet as many White Blazers as possible on my hike!

I've been following the board closely and it would be awesome to meet some of you in person.
If it wasn't for this website I don't think I would have made the decision to do the hike. :cool:

That's awesome Sara!! It's always nice to see ur pretty smile when you post. Good luck with ur hike, chicka.

If you want my contact info let me know. :)

Malto
01-23-2014, 11:06
I live near the trail between Swatara and Duncannon. I'm am in the woods scaring hikers in a bear suit, though not during hiking season.

Happy44
01-23-2014, 12:15
i got a few pms from people with there numbers so im going to put them in my awol book at that location so when im passing by ill give them a ring ,,, IM SUPER STOKED 5 more weeks ;P

Hill Ape
01-23-2014, 12:19
i sometimes feel a little guilty for not giving back. i work at ATL airport, and live in ellijay when i'm off schedule. on the surface it seems like it would be convenient to offer rides to "friends" but the few times i've put it out there the logistics get a little annoying

Happy44
01-23-2014, 13:01
i thought that it was going to be very hard to hike alone and without having any family, but i was wrong, alot of you guys are my family and are giving me tons of support, people say the best part of hiking is being alone in the woods with your own thoughts, i believe its the people you meet! , in 2012 i met blissful in MD at the dahlgren campground, she game be pack management , a wellness plan (that i followed) , and she even took care of my feet (they were bad), and shared her meal with me, later that night a few drunks came to set up camp and she was able to boot them out so we could have a good nite sleep, She probably doesnt remember me but i will never forget how much better i felt leaving then when i arrived at the campgound!

Teacher & Snacktime
01-23-2014, 13:11
i would of met LW, but he had a heart attack just to avoid me :(

The lengths some people will go to just to avoid being sociable!!!! Well, Snacktime and I got to meet LW, and it was worth the stalking....:rolleyes:

Sara
01-23-2014, 13:41
[/B]That's awesome Sara!! It's always nice to see ur pretty smile when you post. Good luck with ur hike, chicka.

Aww, thanks! I'd love your contact info, PM sent. :sun

RED-DOG
01-23-2014, 16:35
I am always out and about from Winding Stair gap to Fontana especially on weekends who knows we might meet.

Deer Hunter
01-23-2014, 17:46
i noticed that alot of people hear live near the trail and post on this board frequently , i start my thru hike on march 1st and wanted to meet a few of you guys on my adventure!
IM really digging hiker moms attitude on here and would love to meet because she seems to be super awesome!

I live in Buena Vista which a lot of people use as a resupply point between Daleville and Waynesboro. Pm me if you would like my cell number. I might be able to bring you into town/back to the trail or both. Depends on my work schedule.

kayak karl
01-23-2014, 17:48
The lengths some people will go to just to avoid being sociable!!!! Well, Snacktime and I got to meet LW, and it was worth the stalking....:rolleyes:
ill meet him someday.

Deer Hunter
01-23-2014, 17:48
[/B]That's awesome Sara!! It's always nice to see ur pretty smile when you post. Good luck with ur hike, chicka.

Ditto.......:)

HikerMom58
01-23-2014, 18:02
ill meet him someday.

I've met him & he's nothing like he comes across on the internet, in person. He's nice in person... very nice! His voice is mellow. (soft spoken) That's the part that surprised me the most.

People always tell me that I am the same, in person, as I am on the internet ... the same. :)

Starchild
01-23-2014, 18:10
I'm nearest the section coming off the ridge and into Great Barrington MA. Let me know when you go by.

SC

MDSection12
01-23-2014, 18:19
I've met him & he's nothing like he comes across on the internet, in person. He's nice in person... very nice! His voice is mellow. (soft spoken) That's the part that surprised me the most.

People always tell me that I am the same, in person, as I am on the internet ... the same.
You won't say I'm more soft spoken if we meet! I'm a loud mouth in real life too. :)

I'm watching weather for next weekend. Did you guys get any of this last round of snow? Daytime temps around freezing and overnights in the teens are OK, but much colder or much snow on the ground and I'm gonna have to rethink. I'm thinking of doing 311 to 220. (We can move to PM if you'd prefer, I just thought it was a funny time to jump in.)

HikerMom58
01-23-2014, 18:26
You won't say I'm more soft spoken if we meet! I'm a loud mouth in real life too. :)

I'm watching weather for next weekend. Did you guys get any of this last round of snow? Daytime temps around freezing and overnights in the teens are OK, but much colder or much snow on the ground and I'm gonna have to rethink. I'm thinking of doing 311 to 220. (We can move to PM if you'd prefer, I just thought it was a funny time to jump in.)

This is fine.. I'm looking forward to meeting you... it's going to be fun! Ha Ha!!

I saw a pic of the Knob yesterday.. it got snow. We didn't get much at all and it's almost gone in the Roanoke Valley. I'll keep you updated with the temps and such.. it might be too cold for ya, MD! They said it was supposed to be really cold until the end of Jan. Again, I'll PM you closer to the time of ur arrival next week. It's so cold here right now. -7 degrees in the morning, for Roanoke.

MDSection12
01-23-2014, 18:48
This is fine.. I'm looking forward to meeting you... it's going to be fun! Ha Ha!!

I saw a pic of the Knob yesterday.. it got snow. We didn't get much at all and it's almost gone in the Roanoke Valley. I'll keep you updated with the temps and such.. it might be too cold for ya, MD! They said it was supposed to be really cold until the end of Jan. Again, I'll PM you closer to the time of ur arrival next week. It's so cold here right now. -7 degrees in the morning, for Roanoke.
Thanks for the info. At the minimum I'll hike up there, stay nearby and hike out in the morning, but I'd like to actually get to hike through to Tinker Cliffs and on to Daleville. I had some Three Little Pigs BBQ last time I was down, I think that's gonna have to be on the list once I'm done.

Anyway, thread derail over. We'll talk next week. :)

lemon b
01-23-2014, 18:51
Down the road apiece from Oct Mt shelter in Ma.

polechar
01-23-2014, 18:52
I'm just minutes from the trail in Killington Vermont, I would be happy to help out anyone in the area. Rt 4, Rt 100 and River Rd are very close. I'm pet friendly too. Happy hiking!

Grampsb
01-24-2014, 08:23
I'm about 8 miles south of where the AT crosses TN 91. Also not to far from Hampton and Carvers Gap. Hike these area when ever I can

ViolentOrgasm
01-24-2014, 08:31
I live about a half hour from the Peter's Mountain Shelter and the finest stretch of the A.T. in PA.