PDA

View Full Version : Water in Georgia

TickPicker
09-05-2005, 12:35
Could be the wrong place to post but does anyone know the water situation on the GA section of AT. I've heard the closer you get to fall the less water is available...............:-?

TickPicker
the land of the dimpled chad

Dances with Mice
09-05-2005, 13:03
Could be the wrong place to post but does anyone know the water situation on the GA section of AT. I've heard the closer you get to fall the less water is available...............:-? In a normal year that's true. This is not a normal year. Above average rainfall this summer means all water sources are at full flow and will stay that way well into next year.

soulrebel
09-05-2005, 14:29
The water supply North of Gooch Gap shelter was doing just fine last week. The trail could use some weed wacking, however--wear some breathable nylons to avoid itchy legs moving towards woody gap.

Rain Man
09-05-2005, 20:32
Could be the wrong place to post but does anyone know the water situation on the GA section of AT. I've heard the closer you get to fall the less water is available...............:-?

Tick,

If you don't get all the info you need on here, then the Georgia AT Club is a _wonderful_ source of information about the trail in GA. They have a web site, which you can Google for. I believe this is the URL--
http://www.georgia-atclub.org/

Rain:sunMan