PDA

View Full Version : Niday Shelter

Kerosene
09-05-2005, 20:04
This shelter seems to get a lot of use by thru-hikers due to its location relative to The Home Place a strong day's hike north. An easy 1.2 miles from a fairly well-used paved country road in Craig Creek Valley.

Basic 6-to-8 person wooden shelter with a high front porch. Picnic table, fire ring, and a fair number of tent sites. Don't know about a privy or water since I only stopped in for a few minutes at the start of my section hike in May 2005.

Whistler
09-05-2005, 21:03
Don't know about a privy or water since I only stopped in for a few minutes at the start of my section hike in May 2005.
Medium sized, good-flowing creek just a few minutes north on the trail. Privy is a about a dozen yards up a side trail, visible from the shelter; a bit dark and claustrophobic, but I've seen worse.
-Mark

BlackCloud
11-07-2005, 09:55
As of 11/05 shelter was in average condition. Not dirty but it had a ratty feeling to it. It's kind of high off the ground & I did like the stairs.

Footslogger
11-07-2005, 12:59
Sat out a monsoon there one day in 2003. Fairly close to roads and if you're there on a weekend day like we were you might get some company from the locals. Wasn't a problem though in fact, they offered us a cold one and hot dog for enduring their noise.

'Slogger