PDA

View Full Version : female NOBO starting partner for early April 2014

tee
01-30-2014, 14:57
I'm a 26 year old Chicagoan, looking for a female partner to start NOBO from Springer in early April. I have a little backpacking experience, and was bitten by the AT-bug a few years ago. It's been nearly all I can think of since!

I know there will be a lot of people starting around then, and it shouldn't be too hard to find partners, but I'd like the peace of mind of having a partner to start with would bring. As it would my mom, who is petrified at the idea of my starting alone. My dad, on the other hand, keeps suggesting backpacking trips out west instead! :D Anyway, I'm looking to get my feet wet in the world of thru-hiking this year, and would love to have someone with whom to check in on the trail at the beginning.

If you're interested, I'd love to chat on Facebook to see if we'd be a good fit.

Happy trails!

Wolf hiker
02-11-2014, 10:49
​Looking for a hiking partner in early April to through hike with if interested email. Me at [email protected] I am nice and have done a lot of hiking and friendly and easy to get along with if seriously interested get back with me and we can take it from there

tee
03-17-2014, 11:44
My plans have fallen through for this year (money/supply stuff), so I'll be planning for next year. Happy trails, everyone!

BlueSkies14
03-21-2014, 16:45
If you change your mind about going this year, i'll also be setting out around that time!

ChiHiker
03-25-2014, 12:33
Hey I am a female in Chicago in need of a partner but looking to start in July. Any interest in pushing it back?

tee
03-27-2014, 12:28
I'm pretty set on next year now, but I'd love a hiking partner for day trips or weekend trips around here, if you're interested!

hikergirlem
04-29-2014, 12:53
Hey! Your situation sounds just like mine! My mom is about to have a stroke about me hiking alone, I have moderate experience with backpacking, and I'm 21 years old from North Carolina. Are you still looking for a hiking partner???

tee
05-04-2014, 21:11
Hi hikergirlem! I'm definitely still looking for a hiking partner for shorter stuff this year, and then my thru next! I'll shoot you a PM!