PDA

View Full Version : Cheshire MA hike to County Road Vermont this weekend Feb 1 and 2

Madpaddy
01-30-2014, 15:35
Hello all! Besides the local forecast for beginning of February, does anyone know how much snow depth is currently on the AT in these sections...particularly on the summit of Greylock....I called the visitor center for the Greylock state reservation and they had no data on summit or thereabouts trail snow depth or conditions. We anticipate using our micro spikes and more. Any info is appreciated.

Migrating Bird
01-31-2014, 08:50
I cannot speak exactly of the conditions on Mt. Greylock and north, but for what it's worth, south of there (central MA) it has been a very light snow year. We have 4-6" on the ground up to about 1700'. Many of the storms have had a coastal track. I would not expect too much more than that. I think you'll do fine with micro spikes. Have a great hike. It is supposed to rain/snow Saturday night with mild temps.

Madpaddy
01-31-2014, 11:19
Thank you Migrating Bird...much appreciated...yes true, we have had a fair bit of snow down on the Cape by the shore. We have hiked thru Ct and to Cheshire MA in Janurary with bare trail or at the most muddy icy conditions a lot of the way...it's great to be hikin this far north in winter.