PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tablet users

George
01-31-2014, 15:35
the generics I was getting from gander mtn are no longer available, so I ordered the coghlan fuel tablets (pack of 24 equates to 8 esbit) from the strange named lowest priced place on a google search: ManVentureOutpost.com

shipping was fast and well packed, slightly expensive - I give this source a 9.5 out of 10
this looks like the best place/ deal going for fuel tablets at 10 cent per meal shipped vs over 50 cents for esbit

LuckyMan
02-01-2014, 12:17
Thanks for the info. Are you satisfied with these other fuel tabs? I have heard negative things about the burn quality, vile odor (not that Esbit smells like lilacs) and questionable content of some cheap Chinese-made tabs, and some non-Esbit fuel tabs I had years ago did not work nearly as well as Esbits, but if they have improved I am eager to try them.

Wise Old Owl
02-01-2014, 13:32
Interesting find George. Thanks. It appears they are still Esbit and the site says better than the knockoffs. ( not sure why a lot here is from China )

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/search.php?search_query=fuel+esbit&x=0&y=0

highlife
04-30-2014, 01:52
I wonder if George meant these.

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Coghlans-9565-Fuel-Tablets.html

superman
04-30-2014, 07:55
We bought a fairly large quantity of esbit
tablets. It takes about 1.5 tablets to boil water. The smell stinks. We don't use them for multi day hikes. We use our alcohol stove for real hiking. We just use them for short hikes....but even then I prefer to use our zip stove.

Damn Yankee
04-30-2014, 08:14
I have an Army surplus near my house which has the stove and fuel tablets. If anyone is interested, I can go by there and see what they get. These are Military surplus.

harmonjazzman
04-30-2014, 08:50
I found the Coghlans emergency stove which came with 12 of these tabs for $3 on clearance. I use the tabs for quick, easy fire starters. The stove is functional, but not my cup o' tea. Too slow for my impatient appetite.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk