PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day To Go!!!

Buckingham
09-06-2005, 09:34
:sun

I can't wait!!!!! Tommorrow I head out on my section hike through Jersey, and I'm feelin' the pre-buzz already! My buddies and I are ditching the tents, and are trying out hammocking for the first time. The weather looks like it will be great too. I hope to have a bunch of great pics to share when I get back. See y'all on Monday!!!

Sly
09-06-2005, 09:55
Have a great hike! Don't forget to feed the bears for photo ops! :rolleyes: (only kidding)

NJ had to be the biggest surprise on the entire AT. Who would have thunk how nice it could be? And Unionville (NY) and Vernon were both great little towns for resupply.

jimmyjob
09-06-2005, 10:53
have a safe trip...i leave on sept 24 for seven days....still got some planning...but anyway...

have a great time....

HikeLite
09-06-2005, 20:42
What hammocks did y'all chose?

neo
09-06-2005, 21:08
tents suck,hammocks rule,happy trails to ya dude:cool: neo

Buckingham
09-12-2005, 10:47
In answer to Hikelites question, I used a Hennessey Expedition, and my "buddies" both used Hennessey Explorers.

You'll notice I refered to "buddies" in paranthesis, it's because I'm not so sure if they really are. Allow me to explain;

Our first 2 days out were going well, except for one guys constant bitching, and I was having a good time. Then on day 3, I began to get a crippling migraine headache. On a rather steep ascent it became so bad I could'nt go on any longer. The left side of my head was pounding and my vision and speech were becoming slurred, it was getting really bad.

My "buddies" decided that I was more than likely alright, so they would continue on, and if they did'nt see me in 2 hours, they would come back and check on me. How generous of them.

I sat there alone for an hour, puking and shaking by the side of the trail, before I decided I had had enough. I forced my now leaden pack up onto my back, and began the long slow progression back down the mountain to safety. Once I got to the side of a road I flagged down a police officer, who then called for an ambulance, which then wisked me away to a nearby New York state hospital. I spent 7 hours there alone until my wife drove up from Maryland and found me. She has a nose like a bloodhound, god bless her.

My "buddies" were having a good time I'm sure.

So now I'm home, I'm okay, and I have'nt spoken to my "buddies" yet. I had to cut my vacation short, and now I have to wait another year to go again, but when I do, I'll make sure I go with people I can trust.