PDA

View Full Version : If the Southern Moot is held at Big Creek CG...

Sly
09-06-2005, 11:28
... someone needs to make a decision.

I called and made reservations for group campsite 1. It holds 20, although the website says 25. From the respondents to various threads, I wouldn't think there'll be more attending and staying overnight.

It's under the stars, on the creek, tents only, picnic tables, two fire rings, nearby restrooms, etc. No RV's, trailers or showers. If there is a bigger turnout, one could try to get a space at the individual CG campsites or at Mnt Momas or Standing Bear.

It's cost $40 per night and reservations are for Friday and Saturday, October 28 & 29. The fees need to be paid within 10 days, either by check or credit card or the reservations are null and void. I suppose, if a decision can't be made in 10 days, at that time someone else could call and reserve and so on until there is a decision.

If there was enough interest and a decision was already made, I'd put it on my own credit card and collect that weekend, but I'm going hiking tomorrow, for a month! :D

Since there's no telling how many are going to attend, I suggest a fee of $5 per night, and a $2 day fee per person with all monies above and beyond the campground fees going towards food and beverage.

If someone wants to reserve it while I'm away humping a heavy pack through the High Sierra ;) , here's the pertinent info.

By check:

National Park Reservation Service
PO Box 1600
Cumberland, MD 21501

The reservation number needs to be written on the bottom: 4708988

By credit card:

1 800 388-2733, ask for a change in form of payment.

Be forwarned, the cancelation fee is $13.75

It's possible you may need my name and customer ID

Robert Sylvester Customer ID 221105

For more info, click here (http://reservations.nps.gov/parklist.cfm) and then on the appropriate options.

Regardless of the Moot venue, see y'all when I get back! :)

Hammock Hanger
09-13-2005, 18:53
So has any decision been made on where we will have the moot?

Any idea of who will be going?

Is it a fend for yourself or are we each bringing something?

Sue/HH

Rockjock
09-30-2005, 14:12
Just checking in on the status of this thread. Has the poll concluded and a venue been chosen :confused: Trying to set my October calender and thought I would revist this.

Rock

Smile
09-30-2005, 18:48
Me too! I would like to try to attend this event, I've never been to a MOOT.

Hammock Hanger
10-06-2005, 20:44
Okay guys what do we need to do to get this Moot thing on the calendar??

The when has been picked 10/28

Now: Where - Who , what to bring, do we need to reserve a site... ?????

I really want to get together with ya all but it seems to have stalled.

SGT Rock
10-06-2005, 20:53
I am still very interested in going. Big Creek is just fine as long as I have good directions. I just will probably not be there until late on the 29th or early on the 30th.

Newb
10-08-2005, 09:23
OK. What does MOOT stand for?

Also, Big Creek closes for the season on 10/31. WIll this be a problem?
National Forests, on the other hand, never close.

I might just make a rare and sought after appearance. You never know, though, 'cause I'm a guerilla socialite :)

SGT Rock
10-08-2005, 09:41
OK. What does MOOT stand for?

Also, Big Creek closes for the season on 10/31. WIll this be a problem?
National Forests, on the other hand, never close.

I might just make a rare and sought after appearance. You never know, though, 'cause I'm a guerilla socialite :)
Moot is not an acronym, it is a reference to a type of meeting the Ents had in the Lord of the Rings.

The plan was to meet on Friday night 28 Oct and leave NLT monday morning 31 Oct as I remember it. So I don't think the closing date will be an issue.