PDA

View Full Version : A.T. Lodge in Millinocket

Baby Blue
09-07-2005, 02:20
I had the great pleasure of staying at the A.T. Lodge, in Millinocket, this season. Don & Joan Cogswell, the owners, are 2 of the nicest most sincere people that exist on this planet. They truly treat thier guests like family and run a wonderful establishment. It is a historic boarding house that has been in Joan's family for around 100 years. Accomidations consist of private rooms (singles, doubles or multi room apartment style rooms) with a shared bathroom on each floor. They told me at some point in the future they are thinking of selling the buisness and retiring so if you have a chance and are in the area please do yourself a favor and go meet these folks before they do. It is a wonderful place to begin or end your hike.

Tramper Al
09-07-2005, 08:06
Hi Baby Blue,

I hope Millinocket has been treating you well?

Thanks for the info on AT Lodge - I will definitely give it a try next time I am up there. The Econolodge was confortable and practical, though uninspiring.

- Tramper Al (the Pollywog Brook Bridge car guy)

Icicle
09-07-2005, 08:59
I am staying there in two weeks time and am really looking forward to it!!

I have spoken to Joan on the phone a couple of times and I just don't want the conversation to end - she is SO lovely! Of course calling her from the UK gets expensive - so I do try to keep it short! LOL

I can't wait to meet her and her husband!

YAY - exactly two weeks from today! :sun

jlb2012
09-21-2006, 08:39
looks like some new owners possibly: link (http://www.backpacking.net/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=backpacking&Number=113187&Forum=,,,All_Forums,,,&Words=&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Main=113187&Search=true&where=&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=d&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post113187)

DawnTreader
09-21-2006, 11:34
You know... This is information I wish I would have had 2 months ago... for some reason I had no idea this place even existed, and ended up in a white water rafting outfitters campground in millinocket...bummer

Sly
09-21-2006, 11:36
You know... This is information I wish I would have had 2 months ago... for some reason I had no idea this place even existed, and ended up in a white water rafting outfitters campground in millinocket...bummer

It's in the Companion and most likely the Handbook.

veteran
09-21-2006, 13:11
They have a website (http://appalachiantraillodge.com/).

DawnTreader
09-21-2006, 14:28
I wonder how I could have overlooked it..

Nean
09-22-2006, 00:21
I wonder how I could have overlooked it..

Great place, great people. Same can be said about the people who may buy it. The place sold a few years back but the new folks didn't get it and didn't last long and the place went back to Don and Joan. If Old Man and Navigator buy it, we won't have that worry.

Thank you Don and Joan for all you have done. You may not be the best known or most talked about, but your hospitality and kindness is second to none.:)

TJ aka Teej
09-22-2006, 07:36
The ownership change info will be in next year's ALDHA Companion.