PDA

View Full Version : big bald

ab26
09-07-2005, 07:19
my wife and i are going to north carolina/tennessee in late october. were going around to see several things. we'd like to see big bald while we're there. is there a shortcut up to it, or is it going to be the 6.5 mile walk down the at from either end.
thanks

Alligator
09-07-2005, 08:32
Some others threads here on WB mentioned that access to the top is private. Something on the order of a private road or through a private gate. It is a real easy walk though from Sam's Gap, smooth sailing.

Bassline
09-07-2005, 16:24
It is indeed an easy walk. When I was up there this year, I met a man who had walked just a short distance up the road that leads to the top to get there. You might want to see about that. It is all good.

Bassline

Miss Janet
09-07-2005, 17:04
The gated community near the summit of Big Bald is called Wolf Laurel. If you google it you should be able to get in contact with someone there. In the past they allowed me to drive up there but some group caused some trouble and damage and they no longer allow us to drive up.

ab26
09-16-2005, 07:37
is it safe to leave your vehicle overnight near sam's gap?

The gated community near the summit of Big Bald is called Wolf Laurel. If you google it you should be able to get in contact with someone there. In the past they allowed me to drive up there but some group caused some trouble and damage and they no longer allow us to drive up.