PDA

View Full Version : Baby wipes and Tucks

slbirdnerd
02-06-2014, 14:40
I've heard people say they carry a few dried out baby wipes to re-wet and use. Anyone do that with Tucks? Thinking both may be good to have a couple of in the ditty/first aid Ziploc...

Hot Flash
02-06-2014, 15:46
Depends on if the active ingredient in your Tucks is one that evaporates or not. If it does, it will be no more useful to you than a baby wipe.

HooKooDooKu
02-06-2014, 17:25
The active ingredient in Tucks is Which Hazel.

And they sell them in individually packaged towelettes (Tucks Take Alongs, 12 towelettes/box).

Prime Time
02-06-2014, 18:07
I carried a 2 ounce container of Witch Hazel on my thru. I soaked toilet paper and used it like a wet one. I cleansed my feet with it every night and let them air dry before putting on my night socks. I used it to clean my blisters well before and after duct taping them. I found a big bottle of Witch Hazel in almost every hostel hiker box to refill my container and had a new plastic 2 ounce container in all 11 of my mail drops. I never ran out on the trail even though I used it every day and never had to buy any. The stuff is fantastic!

slbirdnerd
02-06-2014, 20:36
I carried a 2 ounce container of Witch Hazel on my thru. I soaked toilet paper and used it like a wet one. I cleansed my feet with it every night and let them air dry before putting on my night socks. I used it to clean my blisters well before and after duct taping them. I found a big bottle of Witch Hazel in almost every hostel hiker box to refill my container and had a new plastic 2 ounce container in all 11 of my mail drops. I never ran out on the trail even though I used it every day and never had to buy any. The stuff is fantastic!Awesome, thanks! I hadn't though about just taking a little witch hazel. I also figured it was great for more things than the obvious and am all about multi functional stuff.