PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Caretakers Needed for Blackburn Trail Center

Lauriep
09-07-2005, 12:26
I'm posting the following message at the request of the Potomac A.T. Club:

2006 CARETAKERS NEEDED FOR BLACKBURN TRAIL CENTER

Owned and operated by the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, the Blackburn Trail Center is located on the AT, 12 miles south of Harpers Ferry. Blackburn is a premier stop for AT through-hikers and day hikers alike. It is also used for PATC conferences and training workshops as well as PATC member rentals. The caretaker’s duties will include maintaining the Trail Center, Hiker’s Hostel and campground. Should have experience in offering comfort and company to weary AT hikers. Flexibility and ability to get along with wide variety of people a must! Prefer couple with knowledge of the AT and hiker’s needs. Very modest stipend offered along with a fabulous summer experience. Dates runs from mid-March through October. If interested send a letter of application, resume and professional/personal references to Chris Brunton, 6245 Walkers Croft Way, Alexandria, VA 22315 or e-mail to [email protected]. If you have questions call Chris at 703/924-0406.

Laurie Potteiger
ATC Information Services Manager

TAMBOURINE
09-07-2005, 22:14
When Is This Needed?i Have Just Started Hiking Within This Yr Along The At In Shenandoah I Would Love To Do A Job Like This I Have A 17 Yr Old And My Husband And I Own A Bussiness So It Would Not Be A Problem For Me Getting Away I Would Love To Do A Job Like This .would My Dog Be Able To Come And Would I Have To Find Lodging Or Is It Provided?thanks So Much

docllamacoy
09-19-2005, 20:10
Dangit, Doc. Why'd you have to join the Army? If we were available, I know this is something we would have been interested in. Maybe some other time.