PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of a rideshare

charliethruhike
02-08-2014, 23:20
So i'm curious if there is anyone planning to start the appalachian trail in april, thats from new england, and might be up for sharing a ride down to Georgia? Since I have a dog my options are limited, but if someone has a ride down already, another body in the vehicle would reduce the cost of gas....

Teacher & Snacktime
02-08-2014, 23:31
As a matter of fact, yes....but if you want a ride to Springer it will take a while and lots of hikes to get there. But we'll gladly bring you! The car leaves RI on Thurs April 17 and should arrive at Springer by May 1. It may be a long trip, but we plan on having lots of fun along the way!

charliethruhike
02-12-2014, 15:14
Well that's a little later than I was thinking. I was hoping to get down there by the 10th really. That's a very generous offer though, and I'll definitely keep you in mind! Is there anyone going sooner?

Exalia
03-18-2014, 14:22
Couple w/ friendly lapdog here --perhaps driving our old honda to Springer from Portland, ME on or around 3/25. We'll end up selling our car down there if we can't find another way to travel with our pup. If you're still looking for a ride around this time we'd be happy to join forces ;)

charliethruhike
03-20-2014, 12:15
Couple w/ friendly lapdog here --perhaps driving our old honda to Springer from Portland, ME on or around 3/25. We'll end up selling our car down there if we can't find another way to travel with our pup. If you're still looking for a ride around this time we'd be happy to join forces ;)

Well the only worry I have is how big is your car! lol Charlie is not a small pup at 70 pounds and pretty much needs his own seat! I am interested though!