PDA

View Full Version : Simple Hydration - Hands free running

redseal
02-09-2014, 13:58
Hi all,
I thought I would mention this pretty cool product. I had a chance to try one out and certainly like it for trail running. It might even be good for short hikes. Anyway, check out my latest review of this product. There is even a free giveaway associated with this product. Here is the link: http://www.backpackingengineer.com/blog.php/75

map man
02-09-2014, 20:04
From appearances it looks like it would rely partially on the top part of your butt crevice to keep the thing stable in the back of your waistband. Is that right? I like a fuel belt for hands-free hydration, myself.

redseal
02-09-2014, 20:13
When using 1 bottle, I have found that it likes to slide the center of my back but that is mainly where the most room exits between my body and my shorts. When using 2 bottles at one time, they do not tend to gravitate to the center (at least for me).

Fuel belts are a good option too. For me, I typically hit some sort of resupply every 6 miles-ish so I never really need to carry a lot of fluid so I tend not to want to carry the extra weight of the belt. Darn my ultralight backpacking influences on running!

1azarus
02-09-2014, 20:17
Too bad it looks like it won't work with a back pack on... I like that it is nestled against one's body so it won't freeze-- great for winter use. I wonder if you could hook it on a sternum strap and keep it inside a partially zippered jacket on a freezing hike day.

redseal
02-09-2014, 21:50
Yeah, the backpack will get in the way. I did try placing the bottles on the sides of my hips, but that did not work so well.

Now that you mention the body temp thing I now realized that I do not have those common issues....duh!

Now I'm going to have to check what other configurations it can be held in place with. I'm thinking maybe with the hipbelt of the pack near the front or like you said, the sternum strap.

mudsocks
02-09-2014, 23:31
I think I'll stick with my fuel belt too. I don't think I'm ready to put my water bottle in natures pocket.