PDA

View Full Version : Resupply options?

Joker4ink
02-10-2014, 12:20
What resupply options are along the way? I'm specifically looking for options in Massachusetts (or even in New Hampshire since I plan to do the M&M up to Mount Monadnock). Looking for places such as gas stations, grocery stores, even a motel for a shower.

Driver8
06-24-2014, 17:33
What resupply options are along the way? I'm specifically looking for options in Massachusetts (or even in New Hampshire since I plan to do the M&M up to Mount Monadnock). Looking for places such as gas stations, grocery stores, even a motel for a shower.

Hi Joker:

There's the Log Cabin at Mass Rt 141 just south of Mt. Tom on the Holyoke/Easthampton line. Not sure what they offer to hikers - it's a big banquet/meeting hall. May have rooms. Northampton, Amherst and Holyoke are pretty close to the NET, a quick hitch or maybe a bus ride. The Trail goes through Westfield, which is pretty well-developed.

9axle
07-07-2014, 19:07
There is a shopping plaza about a mile west of where the trail crosses 202. It has a convenience store and pizza place that I really like. The entrance to Hampden Ponds State park is across the street, and while I don't think they allow camping or have showers, there are bathrooms and a beach. East, which is actually north on 202, there is another shopping plaza with a couple convenience stores, a bank and a couple restaurants but it's a longer walk on a road that isn't great for walking.