PDA

View Full Version : Ula

Doc Mike
02-11-2014, 07:45
Sometimes as we get older we start to think that some things are gone never to return. Things like respect, courtesy, customer service, going above and beyond even for a stranger. Yesterday I called Chris at ULA to order a new pack. He was so very helpful and we discussed several things at length to include pack weight, body shapes, durability, everything you can think about concerning good pack fit and carry. I initially was under the impression that I might want a catalyst but Chris thought that given my hiking style and usual max weight of 26 pounds that the circuit may be a better pack and more than 1/2 pound lighter. Me being a little old school and concerned a little about the volume difference had to say but what if I get it and everything doesn't fit. His response was I'm so confident after what we have talked about that if you don't like it I will pay the return shipping. Well the new circuit is on the way.

When you want a new pack my advice is to call Chris at ULA.

Notice I said want not need because I have 3 other packs in the gear closet.

Doc mike

Coffee
02-11-2014, 07:52
+1 on ULA.

I've owned the Catalyst and Circuit and prefer the Circuit. 26 pounds is a starting weight for me with 3-5 days of food. Carries comfortably up to the low 30s in my experience. Great pack!

saltysack
02-11-2014, 07:54
Agree....great service and even better product! Love my circuit! Plenty of room for even winter hikes carrying for me and my dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennyxedge
02-11-2014, 08:49
Definitely some of the nicest and most helpful people to deal with. Nothing but good things to say about them and their gear.

Gervais
02-11-2014, 09:52
Thread topper here :-)
My Wife and I spent an hour yesterday at ULA with Chris' shop Manager. We are green noobs and hadn't a clue about pack fit.
He spent over an hour with us and got us set up right, including custom long straps for me as I'm deep through the chest.

Wife went for the purple. He thought I might be tempted by the woodland camo they offer but I wanted to fly the ULA flagship grid pattern green as we are very pleased with our new Circuit packs.

Very good folks to deal with and a high quality product.

colorado_rob
02-11-2014, 09:55
Yep, similar story here, I was in between the ULA OHM 2.0 and Circuit, talked to Chris, he suggested I buy both and try them out and return the least favorite, which is what I did. (I kept the OHM 2.0, returned the Circuit; nothing against the Circuit, I just didn't need the extra weight or weight-carrying capability). He even sent a pre-paid mailing label. Good guy, great packs, my OHM 2.0 still looks new after 1500 miles of use (1000 on the AT), and will be my go-to pack until it wears out. Check out ULA.

DandT40
02-11-2014, 11:10
Really want to pick up a ULA, but just been having a hard time buying a pack without trying it on first. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet one day and pick one up!

Astro
02-11-2014, 11:42
DandT40, just go their website, watch their videos, get measured, and call them. I am sure Chris will be happy to make sure you get the right setup. I really am happy with my Catalyst.