PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Thru hiker with a gear review

Popnfrsh24
02-13-2014, 23:10
Howdy y'all.

My name is Lighthouse, and I was a 2013 NoBo thru hiker. The A.T. was the most amazing experience of my life, and I wish all of you 2014 thru hikers all the best! I know thru hiker season is just around the corner, and I wanted to finish my gear review before everyone left for Mt. Springer!

It's rather a long gear video, but I do think it is informative. I am quite a goofy character, and it definitely shows in the video.

If you got an extra 20 minutes, check it out on the youtubes here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRckuplOfg0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRckuplOfg0)

Any other questions about my gear are welcomed.

PEACE,

Lighthouse

Kc Fiedler
02-14-2014, 01:27
Did you create three separate threads to promote this video? Seems a little excessive...

Popnfrsh24
02-14-2014, 12:24
Did you create three separate threads to promote this video? Seems a little excessive...

Yep I sure did! There are like 80 different sub-forums on here...I didn't think posting to 3 simultaneously wouldn't hurt. ya can't please everybody though

Sierra2015
02-14-2014, 12:31
I think it's probably best to keep a topic contained in one thread. I think it's easier to keep a discussion congruent that way.... Unless the purpose of the thread isn't to have a discussion but to spam.

I like you anyway. Even if you are kinda spammy. :p

capehiker
02-16-2014, 12:38
I got 3 minutes in. It was a little too theatrical for my tastes (like an attempt to be shugemery- there can only be one Shug). I'm more of a fan of the straight forward reviews.

DocMahns
02-16-2014, 13:20
I got 3 minutes in. It was a little too theatrical for my tastes (like an attempt to be shugemery- there can only be one Shug). I'm more of a fan of the straight forward reviews.

+1 too theatrical; definitely trying too hard. I understand you were trying to be comical, but you can't force comedy, and yours seemed forced. Good info on the gear though, always like to check out what everyone is carrying.

winger
02-16-2014, 15:57

you made it in 2 and 1/2 minutes longer than I did.

Popnfrsh24
02-20-2014, 19:46
lol dang! Good input guys, I guess I can't please everyone! As for trying too hard and it being forced...that is just me freestyling in front of the camera the whole time, so no effort was really put into it! Now the editing....thats where it takes the effort!! Thanks tho for the input

RED-DOG
02-20-2014, 19:54
Yep I agree toooo Theatrical.