PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a friend to hike with-- section hike from VA to Katahdin

cloquinn
02-17-2014, 16:21
Hello everyone!

I am planning a section hike this summer starting June 19th-20th at Shenandoah National Park, VA hopefully all the way to Katahdin. I would love to have a female companion close to my age (25) to share with on this journey! We would not have to spend every day together as I would prefer to spend some time alone, but it would be nice knowing I have someone's back and they have mine. Anyone interested or looking for something similar? :)

Casey

TurvChick3
05-13-2014, 20:16
That sounds good to me! I am already on my thru-hike but should be in the shenandoah region about when you are looking to start. I currently have that kind of situation with a young couple and they are great. You'd be welcome do join us. Right now we are pulling 13-15 mile days and are hoping to bring those numbers up in VA. I am Carver and my partners are Sunflower and Hero. Even if you don't hike with us I look forward to meeting you on the trail!
Happy Trails!

sparkygeek
05-15-2014, 16:39
Hey! I'll also be sectioning during that time. I'm hitting the trail at Waynesboro on the 15th and heading north until the 27th (as far as I can get).
Let me know where you are planning to start and maybe we can run into each other for a bit.

Slim aka Nancy
07-17-2014, 01:52
As of July 1st I am all the way to New Jersey and still moving north. I am a lot older than you. I am 67 but I have hiked the AT 2-1/2 times. I am not your ordinary old fart. I hike 13-20 mile days depending on terrain. I am solo-ing right now. I have the northern 900 miles to go. I am serious about hiking. [email protected] My trailname is SLIM