PDA

View Full Version : shuttle at franconia notch

neo
09-09-2005, 16:12
just wondering if any body shuttles to franconia notch,its about 7 miles from lincoln nh were i will be getting off the bus to franconia notch,my bus arrives at 9;00PM saturday oct 8th ,if i was getting there during day time i would thumb a ride:cool: neo

poison_ivy
09-09-2005, 16:28
If you can't find someone here, try contacting the folks at www.theshuttleconnection.com

I used them for a ride from Kinsman Notch to Franconia Notch and I'm pretty sure the price was less than $10 per person (there were three of us.)

- Ivy

neo
09-09-2005, 19:26
If you can't find someone here, try contacting the folks at www.theshuttleconnection.com (http://www.theshuttleconnection.com/)

I used them for a ride from Kinsman Notch to Franconia Notch and I'm pretty sure the price was less than $10 per person (there were three of us.)

- Ivy
thanks for the info poison ivy:cool: neo

Moxie00
09-09-2005, 21:52
I used Bruce at Hikers Paradise in Gorham. If he is still in business he shuttled hikers anywhere from Lincoln to Rangely, Maine and the price was right. The AMC also offers shuttle service all through the Whites but I don't know the details but information is available at any of their hostels or headquarters. My wife is giong to be hiking at Franconia Notch sometime in the next week or so and she is certainly availabe to offer a ride locally to any hiker. I have never had problems getting rides in the Whites just by asking for them at trail heads, there are far too many hikers in the Whites but they come in handy when you need a ride, just ask.

neo
09-09-2005, 23:16
my main issue with a shuttle is,i will be arriving at 9:00 pm,i will have been on a bus 30 hours when i get there,its a holiday weekend,everything is booked,hotels,campgrounds,i figured if i can get a ride that time of night
i can hike a couple miles up the trail miles up the trail,hang my hammock
crashout get an early start the next morning,if i was arriving during daylight hours i would just hitch a ride:cool: neo