PDA

View Full Version : New Iphone App

02-20-2014, 23:48
So Leigh and I have made an app for the A.T. We partnered up Awol use the data from The A.T. Guide. We spent over 2 years in development and hundereds of hours testing it. We thinks it is great for hikers and hope others will as well.
All of that being said, we know it is not perfect and want feed back on both problems and what we can do to improve the app.
If you have a reason to download it please take time tomcome here and give feedback.

Thanks
Hikerhostel.com
Trail-guides.com

Shonryu
02-21-2014, 09:43
Will this be released on the android market in the near future? Not all of us are loyal to the Apple brand :P

samfsmith
02-21-2014, 11:18
A little info about how to use it would be helpful. I couldn't find instructions or a help screen. I discovered that you can swap between nobo and sobo with the compass icon.

Zooming in and moving the map is very slow. I'm using an iPhone 4s.

Tapping the shelter icons in the list just goes to a blank page, is that right? It would be nice to zoom in on that place on the map when I tap one of them.

lf I'm not on the trail, how can I set my location manually? Does it always use the GPS? What does the satellite icon do?

So yeah, it looks good, but I have a lot of basic questions on how to use it...

Forrest

LAF
02-21-2014, 14:26
A little info about how to use it would be helpful. I couldn't find instructions or a help screen. I discovered that you can swap between nobo and sobo with the compass icon.

Zooming in and moving the map is very slow. I'm using an iPhone 4s.

Tapping the shelter icons in the list just goes to a blank page, is that right? It would be nice to zoom in on that place on the map when I tap one of them.

lf I'm not on the trail, how can I set my location manually? Does it always use the GPS? What does the satellite icon do?

So yeah, it looks good, but I have a lot of basic questions on how to use it...

Forrest

Same questions/comments and I've tried on both iPhone5 and iPad mini. Sent the questions directly to you Josh. Performance is a real issue for me. I want this app to work :)

ericmcdaniel
02-25-2014, 12:58
I emailed Josh with the same questions and he replied quite promptly that he'd forwarded the questions to the developer, but I've not heard back from him. I had the same performance issues using an iphone 5 and similarly would like to see some directions on how all the features are supposed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericmcdaniel
03-10-2014, 16:34
Has anyone gotten any info about fixes to this app or an update? I haven't, despite emailing the developer multiple times. Now I'm just hoping to get a refund.

forrest!
03-12-2014, 07:01
I have the app too, and have the same problems as everyone else - seems not to be ready for prime time. Released too soon?

ericmcdaniel
03-14-2014, 13:31
AWOL reported to me that the developer says there's an update pending approval from Apple for the App Store. :) Fingers crossed it happens before April 1!

myakka_
03-14-2014, 13:40
No word still on a droid friendly version?

ericmcdaniel
03-15-2014, 05:39
That's above my pay grade. Which is zero.