PDA

View Full Version : Caratunk Whiteblaze Hikers Feed

Moxie00
09-10-2005, 21:40
:sun I had to come home after dinner due to a family situation and the party is still going strong. Attroll will be giving a full report when it finishes but today was a great success. Baltimore Jack counted well over 50 head at dinner and there was some of the lunch gang had left. The weather was as perfect as you could imagine. Many came from miles away and Troll and the gang made sure there was enough food to fill every thru hiker. Breakfast will be served tomorrow morning. Troll and the others will give the "official report" but I just wanted to let everyone who couldn't make it this year that it is one heck of a great party.

The Scribe
09-12-2005, 12:05
Was good to see you there Moxie, even for a short amount of time.
It was a blast. Attroll will have the "official" information.

Breakfast was rousing success as well. By mid morning it was quiet again with just a couple of people hanging around. We left about 3 p.m. Jack was in charge as Steve was on the ferry and then heading to Portland to see his mother in the hospital.

Thanks to Steve for hosting, especially so when considering the sudden illness of his mother. He made it back for a toast Saturday evening around the fire and for Sunday morning.

Well, back to work for me.

The Scribe.

attroll
09-12-2005, 12:39
Yes the feed was a big success this year. We missed Walkin Wally who also had a family issue to attend to. I will provide a list of names of thru hikers and other people who attended later on, hopefully tonight. I am still unwinding from the event and still unpacking.

I have to give my thanks to everyone that helped, especially my wife and The Scribe and his wife Tammy, Legs and his wife Julie who did most of the cooking. We can not forget Blister because she cooked and helped a lot too. Baltimore Jack was there helping and making his announcements and his usually helpful things that he does.

Sorry Lion King we could not show your movie. Steve had an emergency he had to go to and was not there most of the weekend and did not leave us a TV for the showing.

Besides that everything went off real well. We had a little less people then we did last year but not by much. But we had more food and most of it was all eaten. This was strange because we had a little less people last year and less food with a lot more left over. This years thru hikers ate more then last year. But that was no big deal.

I also want to thank Shutterbug, Sour Ball, Moxie and Just Bob. There are more that I am forgetting right now I am sure. If I am leaving everyone out it is not on purpose and I am sorry. But to name everyone that help I would have to name everyone there.

Breakfast was a big hit with Sausage and gravy provided by Tammy (The Scribes wife). It was good and went fast. But we had enough to feed everyone. Blister made just enough bacon for the hikers. The scrambled eggs were also just enough. This was a good get together because with it being the second year now we have a feel for what to expect for attendance next year.

We had well over 60 thruhikers stay or pass through this weekend. I will add up the names and list everyone that signed the log book later one. No everyone signed the log book. But I know for a fact we had over 60. The Shaw's om Monson will have a big croud of hikes in the next two days at thier place.

TJ aka Teej
09-12-2005, 14:30
Wicked awesome, Troll & everyone who attended and helped! Congrats and thanks for adding some magic to many ATers northound hike!
I hope Steve's mom is feeling better soon.

TJ aka Teej
09-12-2005, 19:10
GAMErs RedWing and Hopeful enjoyed the C.W.H.F!

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=116121

attroll
09-13-2005, 00:59
Ok. Here is the list I came up with from the log book and the very small memory I have. If anyone can think of anyone else that was there that is not on my list I will edit my list and add that person. The list is 69 people as of right now. I know we also had some that I can not remember and some that did not sign the log book. There were also some that came in late Sunday morning.

Anchor
AT Troll (WB)
Baltimore Jack (WB)
Bear Tracks
Beem
Birdy
Blister Sister (WB)
Bob
Bowinkle aka The Big Mousie
Bug
Buttah
Clockwork Orange
Drifter
Dylan (WB family member)
Esoteric Ninja
Ferryman (WB)
Fig
Hairball
Hopeful’s
Jan
Julie (WB spouse)
Just Visiting
Legs (WB)
Leviathan
Ligtening Rod and his brother
Lion King (WB)
Manynames
Marjanda Chiquita (spelling)
Moxie00 (WB)
Ms. Priss
Ni cut (could not read name)
Now or Never
Oblivious
Origami
Packrat (hostel owner)
Pappa Razzi
Paul
Peas
Plugger (WB)
Professor Nutbag (original Bill)
Proteus
Pumpkin
Rachael
Raindrop
Red Blaze
Red Wing
Rocky aka Rocco
Rollergirl
Rush98
Sam I Am
Scared of the Dark
Shutterbug (WB)
Snowbunny
Sour Ball (not a thru)
Squid Jerky
Stranger
Tammy (WB spouse)
The Cheak
The Hemlock Muppet
The Old Fhart (WB)
The Scribe (WB)
Tink (WB spouse)
Train
Troll
Two Trackin'
Ug
Wildcat
Wilderness Bob

Moxie00
09-13-2005, 16:54
Old Phart was there, you must have missed him in the mob.

attroll
09-14-2005, 03:39
Old Phart was there, you must have missed him in the mob.
Yes Moxie00. I did forget The Old Fhart. Thank you for pointing that out and I did add him to the list.

Lightning Rod
09-16-2005, 10:55
and thankyou for everything. I was very pleased to touch base with alot of the 05 buddies that had missed. Thankyou again for all the wonderful food as well.

Lightning Rod '05

attroll
09-16-2005, 13:52
and thankyou for everything. I was very pleased to touch base with alot of the 05 buddies that had missed. Thankyou again for all the wonderful food as well.

Lightning Rod '05
Were you there? I don't remember the name but a face I could. Sorry.

TJ aka Teej
09-25-2005, 22:03
Papa Razzi (not to be confused with Paparazzi '03) has made a nice journal entry:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=117510 (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=117510)

the Sept 10 entry has a nice pic of some shuckers, too :O)

Shutterbug
09-25-2005, 23:06
I uploaded the pictures from the Caratunk Hiker Feed. I apologize for not putting names on each picture, but I thought you would rather have the pictures available than wait until I had the time.

:p

Shutterbug
09-28-2005, 22:50
I posted my pictures from my hike in the 100 Mile Wilderness. I climbed Mt. Katahdin, then hiked south to Gulf Hagas. When the remains of hurricane Ophelia came through, I stayed at White House Landing until the rain passed. That caused me to run out of time before I reached Monson. I left the trail at the Gulf Hagas parkng lot.

Here is the link to my photo album --
http://www.naznet.com/mcclung/at/at.html

attroll
10-01-2005, 22:10
I posted my pictures from my hike in the 100 Mile Wilderness. I climbed Mt. Katahdin, then hiked south to Gulf Hagas. When the remains of hurricane Ophelia came through, I stayed at White House Landing until the rain passed. That caused me to run out of time before I reached Monson. I left the trail at the Gulf Hagas parkng lot.

Here is the link to my photo album --
http://www.naznet.com/mcclung/at/at.html
Great pictures Shutterbug. Thanks for sharing.