Bigfoot
Sasquatch
Sherpa
Maverick
Charlie
Iceman
Goose
Ulysses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Kerosene
02-23-2014, 11:43
Anything from The Lord of the Rings
Strider
Cosmo
Gonzo
Birdman
Just "fill in a given name"

max patch
02-23-2014, 12:18
Bear
Wolf

Firefighter503
02-23-2014, 12:21
Chainsaw (or other variation of snorer's name). Sorry Don (Chainsaw, 2011). :banana

max patch
02-23-2014, 12:29
Goat

And while we're at it, every Grateful Dead lyric has already been written in the shelter registers.

Sarcasm the elf
02-23-2014, 12:32
Goat

And while we're at it, every Grateful Dead lyric has already been written in the shelter registers.

Same goes for Robert Frost, Henry David Thoreau and anything written about Christopher McCandless

david_1
02-23-2014, 12:35
is it just me who does not understand the need for a trail name ?

Sarcasm the elf
02-23-2014, 12:40
Half Pint
Bookworm
Moonbeam
Doc (Though the Docs I've met on the trail were all retired Physicians, so I think they deserve dispensation)
Any Team or Mascot name.
Any though sounding animal
Anything that sounds tough or macho (Dragon, Bear, Mountain Man Etc.)

To paraphrase a thru hiker I spoke to a few years ago: If you meet a guy named something like Mountain Wildman, you know he gave himself the name. If you meet a man named *****break, you know that he earned it on the trail.

Sarcasm the elf
02-23-2014, 12:47

It's just a nickname plain and simple. The same as you would probably get on a highschool sports team or in the military.

I like trail names because they're much easier to remember, I've met thousands of people named David or Kristen or John or Tom, etc over the years, I've only met one Bullet, one Country Gold and one PB&A.

SCRUB HIKER
02-23-2014, 12:51
Maybe it's just coincidence, but I met two Pebbles(es) on the AT and two Siestas on the PCT. Both Pebbleses independently told me, "Well, I'm just going to have to kill the other Pebbles." One Siesta started writing in the journals calling herself Siesta La Mona (Siesta the Cute) and the other one Siesta La Fea (Siesta the Ugly). Siesta La Fea didn't really take to that and was heard insinuating that the other Siesta was a b****. They were actually both really nice people. Fun times!

I met one Lieutenant Dan on both trails, although the AT one was perfect (he looked EXACTLY like Gary Sinise) but the PCT one didn't make sense.

Any conceivable thing with Bear _______ or Coyote has been used. Also any major character from Lord of the Rings. Also,

- Jug or Jugs (Wow! Look at that guy! He drinks out of a milk jug! Amazing!)
- Banjo (Wow! He's carrying an instrument!)
- Sherpa (He walks! And carries stuff!)
- Anything about how big your pack was at the start (primarily an AT thing)

But even if all these are relatively unoriginal by trail-name standards, they're still a lot more interesting than Bill or Bob or Paul or John. Can't complain too much.

gsingjane
02-23-2014, 13:00
He was a nice guy but I was still a little hinky around Gunrunner.

Sarcasm the elf
02-23-2014, 13:03
He was a nice guy but I was still a little hinky around Gunrunner.

This could be coincidence, but the only Gunrunner that I heard about earned his name when some other idiot hiker misplaced a pistol on the trail and the soon-to-be-named Gunrunner found the gun, picked it up and returned it to it's rightful owner.

johnnyjohnson2043
02-23-2014, 13:11
Mountain Goat. I was given that nickname years ago but I feel that it's too common to keep as a trail name anymore.

apd07c
02-23-2014, 13:14
To paraphrase a thru hiker I spoke to a few years ago: If you meet a guy named something like Mountain Wildman, you know he gave himself the name. If you meet a man named *****break, you know that he earned it on the trail.

Are you implying one choice is better than the other? I don't understand the perceived negativity about choosing your own trail name. Most people don't get to choose their birth name. Why not use this opportunity to pick something you actually want to be called? Because some other people think that you shouldn't? Forget that. Do what makes you happy out there. I've never heard someone say that a trail name is illegitimate because an 18 year old section hiker, you just met, gave it to you. But I have heard several times, "you gave yourself that name? That doesn't count." It seems one faction prefers you do it the way they did. And the other doesn't give 2 mountain house dumps about how you got your name. Just be happy in your own decision.

DocMahns
02-23-2014, 13:21
...and one PB&A...

Peanut Butter and.....?

capehiker
02-23-2014, 13:22

Very true. Years ago I met one hiker who went by Farts Like A Dog and he hated it so he changed it to Dogfart. He felt it had a better ring to it.

Sarcasm the elf
02-23-2014, 13:26
Peanut Butter and.....?

Peanut Butter and Anything. She was the hiker that taught me to just carry a full jar of peanut butter on the trail, after a while it seems to go well with almost any meal or snack.

4eyedbuzzard
02-23-2014, 13:26
is it just me who does not understand the need for a trail name ?There's a couple of good reasons/explanations already posted. Add to them, the idea of the AT/other trails being a different world, hence a different name than the in "the real world". There is also the issue of anonymity, especially for thru-hikers. If you sign a trail or shelter register with your real name, anyone stopping by can read it and see that you are out hiking and track you (for good or bad). From there all sorts of things can happen more easily: auto theft, emptying your home of all your belongings, identity theft, etc. In my experience, trail names are used more on registers than in face to face conversation. Most other hikers you meet tell you both their trail name and real name if you hang out and talk.

DocMahns
02-23-2014, 13:30
Peanut Butter and Anything. She was the hiker that taught me to just carry a full jar of peanut butter on the trail, after a while it seems to go well with almost any meal or snack.

lol, I already do that

takethisbread
02-23-2014, 13:32
so many lone wolf's out there , Bigfoot and striders too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarcasm the elf
02-23-2014, 13:32
Are you implying one choice is better than the other? I don't understand the perceived negativity about choosing your own trail name. Most people don't get to choose their birth name. Why not use this opportunity to pick something you actually want to be called? Because some other people think that you shouldn't? Forget that. Do what makes you happy out there. I've never heard someone say that a trail name is illegitimate because an 18 year old section hiker, you just met, gave it to you. But I have heard several times, "you gave yourself that name? That doesn't count." It seems one faction prefers you do it the way they did. And the other doesn't give 2 mountain house dumps about how you got your name. Just be happy in your own decision.

I wasn't trying to hit a nerve with that post. The guy's point was that the macho names are almost always self given, simple as that. My personal opinion is that you should do what you want, just try to be a bit original and don't name yourself Gandolf.

max patch
02-23-2014, 13:38
I wasn't trying to hit a nerve with that post. The guy's point was that the macho names are almost always self given, simple as that. My personal opinion is that you should do what you want, just try to be a bit original and don't name yourself Gandolf.

I heard Tarlin on a podcast discussing trail names which was hilarious. He was talking about the LOTR trail names and one day he met a (yet another) Gandolf. But not just any Gandolf. Dudes name was Gandolf17.

Much funnier when Tarlin said it than when I typed it.

DocMahns
02-23-2014, 13:49
I was planning on going with Doc because it's the military nickname given to all hospital corpsman that serve with the marines and what I was called for 5 years, but since it's a popular one on the AT I'm rethinking it.

map man
02-23-2014, 14:15
In addition to several already mentioned:
Badger
Snot Rocket

Sly
02-23-2014, 14:16

Gleaning the 1800 plus membership in ALDHA there's one Lone Wolf (not the one here) one Bigfoot and two Striders.

mountain squid
02-23-2014, 14:29
But not just any Gandolf. Dudes name was Gandolf17.Jack mentioned this the other day . . . when another hobbit was expected at Kincora . . . and speaking of Dudes . . . .

See you on the trail,
mt squid

norovirus awareness (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?100363-2014-Norovirus-Awareness)

Second Hand
02-23-2014, 14:41
I have met at least 6 "Wild Bills" in my travels

apd07c
02-23-2014, 15:00
I heard Tarlin on a podcast discussing trail names which was hilarious. He was talking about the LOTR trail names and one day he met a (yet another) Gandolf. But not just any Gandolf. Dudes name was Gandolf17.

Much funnier when Tarlin said it than when I typed it.

... but I thought "xXx Gandolf420blazeit xXx" would look soo cool in the logs =( I guess I'll have I think of a new one.

Dogwood
02-23-2014, 15:02
Anything with bear, goat, or man in it.

HikerMom58
02-23-2014, 15:03
I think the "bear" trail names have gone away but in 2008 there seemed to be a lot of trail names with "bear" in it. Bear bait, Bear Bag etc....:)

One of my favs was a guy from New York, his trail name was- NY minute.

tiptoe
02-23-2014, 15:18
Among my favorite trail names: The Breadless Horseman (celiac guy), The Dogfather, and Paul with Bunions.

rocketsocks
02-23-2014, 15:55
******socks
Socks****
or any variation there of, and no "Rockets" either, it's been done to death. O'coarse if your names already have these, your grandfathered in...just sayin.:D

any astronomical sign.

Carbo
02-23-2014, 16:11
Anyone come across a "hydrate" on the trail?

rocketsocks
02-23-2014, 16:13
Anyone come across a "hydrate" on the trail?
I think he changed his name to "Dusty"

HikerMom58
02-23-2014, 16:32
Among my favorite trail names: The Breadless Horseman (celiac guy), The Dogfather, and Paul with Bunions.

Another fave was Buns & Roses. :D

wnderer
02-23-2014, 17:22
Wanderer. You end up having to spell it funny.

Starchild
02-23-2014, 18:52
Is there any way of finding out what are the most popular trail names. For me I know there was no other Starchild on my thru, though there were 2 'Starman' (who quickly denied any relationship to what I assume was a attempt not to pay child support).

max patch
02-23-2014, 19:06
I think the "bear" trail names have gone away but in 2008 there seemed to be a lot of trail names with "bear" in it. Bear bait, Bear Bag etc....:)

Not dead yet. 7 bears on the 2013 2,000 miler list which was posted earlier in another thread.

Astro
02-23-2014, 20:00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on, if you have been around WB, you know there is "only one Lone Wolf'. The rest are just posers. :)

Astro
02-23-2014, 20:08
I was planning on going with Doc because it's the military nickname given to all hospital corpsman that serve with the marines and what I was called for 5 years, but since it's a popular one on the AT I'm rethinking it.

Was gonna go with Doc since that is what some of my students call me, but it was already taken on WB, so I stuck with Astro chosen by my son. Actually he was originally Astro and I was "Old Astro", but when he stopped after our second section at Dicks Creek, I dropped the Old.

Kraken Skullz
02-23-2014, 20:16
Ok. Might be throwing myself to the wolves but I want a trail name based on what you guys have to suggest. Do your worst. :cool:

atmilkman
02-23-2014, 20:20
Ok. Might be throwing myself to the wolves but I want a trail name based on what you guys have to suggest. Do your worst. :cool:
Headbanger?

Astro
02-23-2014, 20:24
Headbanger?

Will not be the first, hiked with one this summer. At first I thought it was musical taste, instead it was that he had a tendency of jumping up to quick and banging his head on the shelters.

Kraken Skullz
02-23-2014, 20:31
Nope. I'm sure we can do better than that. I am currently going by Billy Goat but I have only had that name for 2 days now and I am in my living room, so it isn't exactly tried and tested.

ChinMusic
02-23-2014, 20:33
Any name prefaced with "Just"

HikerMom58
02-23-2014, 20:37
Not dead yet. 7 bears on the 2013 2,000 miler list which was posted earlier in another thread.

Ahhh... I didn't check that out... stayin alive then. The only bears I know and like is RCbear & gizzybear.:)

Meriadoc
02-23-2014, 21:02
As far as I know (and I have never performed a search :D) I am the only Merry the hobbit. But I am a hobbit. I refused to be just hobbit and insisted on a more distinct name :).

Original names are great. But I think the best names are those that capture the essence of the individual whether the names are original or not.

StandsWithABeer
02-23-2014, 21:22
Ah- the trail name--the nome de plume of the woods! In my "real" life, I am Ron(ald)...but I am not He in the woods or on the trail--it is my purpose to go into the woods and on the Trail to leave Ron(ald) and his life behind. Ron(ald) lives a forced existence, a man who must do as society demands, and his purse too, for that matter; he is pressed with a need to keep up with the Jonses. In reality, I am not Ron(ald)--I am In Fact, he who holds my trail name. In the woods and on the Trail, I can be Me.
When we meet on the trail, I do not want you to ask me how the wife & kids are, whether my car is running well--or how high my property tax is. I want you to greet me as an equal, a Trailwalker, a friend--not a societal competitor. Complement my hiking stick, and be on your way, or let's sit down for a cup of tea or coffee, before resuming the Trail... :) And that's part of why we have trail names.

max patch
02-23-2014, 21:25

You are hereby dubbed "Molly"

Cuz Molly Rigwald starred in The Breakfast Club which is the most famous reference to cracking skulls.

Now you know why people self name themselves.

Meriadoc
02-23-2014, 21:30

Cuz Molly Rigwald starred in The Breakfast Club which is the most famous reference to cracking skulls.

Heh. Yep. Because people won't be thinking of Molly Ringwald when they hear "Molly." Best avoid that one as a trail name.

max patch
02-23-2014, 21:35
Heh. Yep. Because people won't be thinking of Molly Ringwald when they hear "Molly." Best avoid that one as a trail name.

I had to google to figure out what you meant. Learn something every day.

bfayer
02-23-2014, 21:36

And that is a fact. At least folks under 30.

Tuckahoe
02-23-2014, 21:36

Thanks! thank you for ruining the wonderful memories I had from the 80s of my many imaginary dates with Molly Ringwald. Now im afraid... damn you!

Meriadoc
02-23-2014, 21:39
I had to google to figure out what you meant. Learn something every day.
I work in a high school. I get to stay up on the lingo :).

ChuckT
02-23-2014, 21:43
I think that trail names also encourage one thing - by simplifying a hikers persona trail names also erase the real person there. A hiker then is no longer a "J. Smith" with all the dimensions a real identity implies and includes but is reborn as "mxplciv" and can behave as a new person. In most cases, 99.9%?, this is OK but it's worth remembering that the real person _can_ be someone other than _the_ trail name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sierra2015
02-23-2014, 21:49
I'm super excited about getting a name. Nooo idea what it'll be.

Tuckahoe
02-23-2014, 21:54
I'm super excited about getting a name. Nooo idea what it'll be.

Molly Ringwald!!!! :p

Sierra2015
02-23-2014, 22:00
Molly Ringwald!!!! :p
Eww... She's old! :p

OzJacko
02-23-2014, 22:23
In the first week or so on the trail, people will be throwing suggestions all day if you don't have a trail name.
I think the best ones are given on the trail, but just don't accept the first one thrown at you.
It's not your name until you accept it is. But don't try and wait for a "cool" one.
Take one that fits your persona.

Sometimes many people will call you something else anyway. Last year there was a young couple and the girl was really nice. No one in our group could remember his name. So we referred to him as "Lucky Bastid". By the time we got to NE half the trail was calling him that.

Wise Old Owl
02-23-2014, 22:27
uh anything to do with owls...... :confused:

Sandy of PA
02-23-2014, 22:36
I have met many "Turtles" and "Pilgrims" on the trail the last 3 years.

Sierra2015
02-23-2014, 22:42
In the first week or so on the trail, people will be throwing suggestions all day if you don't have a trail name.
I think the best ones are given on the trail, but just don't accept the first one thrown at you.
It's not your name until you accept it is. But don't try and wait for a "cool" one.
Take one that fits your persona.

Sometimes many people will call you something else anyway. Last year there was a young couple and the girl was really nice. No one in our group could remember his name. So we referred to him as "Lucky Bastid". By the time we got to NE half the trail was calling him that.
It's something I'm very excited about. (Not sure why... maybe it's the communal feeling a nick-name provides? Or maybe I feel like it'll answer questions about myself. Like the trail will break me open and and the name will be the augur.)

uh anything to do with owls...... :confused:
I'm sure animal names are really popular.

HikerMom58
02-23-2014, 22:49
It's something I'm very excited about. (Not sure why... maybe it's the communal feeling a nick-name provides? Or maybe I feel like it'll answer questions about myself. Like the trail will break me open and and the name will be the augur.)

I'm sure animal names are really popular.

It will be so much fun, Sierra! My daughter picked out her trail name before she left for the trail on her first hike. The second time out she was given one. She liked being given one better. It's fun! :)

Wise Old Owl is a nice Owl.

Special K
02-24-2014, 00:32
Met a lot of variations of "bear" and "bird" on the trail this year. And, there were THREE Chuckles!!

Special K
02-24-2014, 00:33
Whoops, meant last year...

OzJacko
02-24-2014, 01:08
Met a lot of variations of "bear" and "bird" on the trail this year. And, there were THREE Chuckles!!
Any of them Australian?
Chuckle is another term for vomit here..... :)

Train Wreck
02-24-2014, 01:12
Any of them Australian?
Chuckle is another term for vomit here..... :)

I thought the word was "chunder" :confused:

SunnyWalker
02-24-2014, 02:01
I like the idea of trailnames. Anyhow, "they" didn't ask us, did they?

Happy44
02-24-2014, 02:10
i met a "couple" named "stuff sack" and "deep pack" i hiked an extra 7 miles that day to the next shelter!

Sierra2015
02-24-2014, 02:12
i met a "couple" named "stuff sack" and "deep pack" i hiked an extra 7 miles that day to the next shelter!
Pretty sure it isn't catching.

Train Wreck
02-24-2014, 02:35
I recall a lot of Striders around the time the first LOTR came out.

Kraken Skullz
02-24-2014, 08:02
Funny that you should throw out Molly as a name since my wife's name is Molly and my favorite 80s movie is The Breakfast Club. Ironic isn't it?

gsingjane
02-24-2014, 08:11
Anything with Nomad or Roamer in it.

daddytwosticks
02-24-2014, 08:12
If I had to go with a new trail name, I'd choose Mick Dodge. However, I'd have to wear buckskin and go shoeless while I hike. :)

journeywoman
02-24-2014, 08:57
I picked Journeywoman several years ago for a number of different reasons. Is it a cliche now? I haven't heard of or seen any others......

trailwobbles
02-24-2014, 09:04
I got dubbed "Wobbles" by a 14 year old who told me I walked funny on the trail...still don't understand how I wobble but it fit for some reason. 0.o

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Tuckahoe
02-24-2014, 09:09
Funny that you should throw out Molly as a name since my wife's name is Molly and my favorite 80s movie is The Breakfast Club. Ironic isn't it?

Sigh... you and Alanis Morissette... It's not ironic, it is a coincidence.

trailwobbles
02-24-2014, 09:18
I got dubbed "Wobbles" by a 14 year old who told me I walked funny on the trail...still don't understand how I wobble but it fit for some reason. 0.o

Missed this part:

The point is I hate it, but it is what I was dubbed on the trail. It's what stuck, but at least I didn't name myself Raven or Willow,or etc (apologies to any Ravens or Willows out there...)

Kraken Skullz
02-24-2014, 09:34
Haha. Talking with people at work and I brought in some authentic ramen. Just got named "Fancy Ramen". Now that's a trail name.

Don H
02-24-2014, 09:53
Chainsaw (or other variation of snorer's name). Sorry Don (Chainsaw, 2011). :banana

I resemble that remark!

Marta
02-24-2014, 09:58

You might think that, but in 2006 most of the hikers around me were named Matt. Even overused trail names were more individualistic than that.

Marta
02-24-2014, 10:09

A fair number of people come to the Trail with an established nickname, either one they've had most of their lives, or if they work in a job where people usually go by nicknames--Sly, Mags, Doc… To me the main thing about the name is that it should feel comfortable.

Tuckahoe
02-24-2014, 10:26

A fair number of people come to the Trail with an established nickname, either one they've had most of their lives, or if they work in a job where people usually go by nicknames--Sly, Mags, Doc… To me the main thing about the name is that it should feel comfortable.

Naw, you shouldn't rethink Doc. It truly is a nickname that you earned and is much more meaningful than anyother.

Doc Mike
02-24-2014, 10:32
In my navy days we referred to the corpsman by a different name refering to a part of the male anatomy that they checked. It rhymes. ******checker
I usually go by doc but thats because of the M.D. I think I will pick something totally random for the thru hike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bfayer
02-24-2014, 10:34
In my navy days we referred to the corpsman by a different name refering to a part of the male anatomy that they checked. It rhymes. ******checker
I usually go by doc but thats because of the M.D. I think I will pick something totally random for the thru hike.

:) Pick what you want, as soon as they find out your an M.D. their going to call you Doc anyway.

mrcoffeect
02-24-2014, 10:42
Any kind of walker....... sky, wind, cloud, trail, spirit....

Lone Wolf
02-24-2014, 10:42
or blister.........

mrcoffeect
02-24-2014, 10:46
I have never met anyone with the names above. that had received it from someone else.

Pedaling Fool
02-24-2014, 11:12

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYes, many of them are called ******checkers, but for the ones that serve as Independent Duty Corpsman, which requires special training http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/swmi/Pages/IndependentDutyCorpsman.aspx those are the ones referred to as Doc. It would be wrong to address any corpsman as Doc.

These guys are basically Docs on small sea commands and also deploy with the Marines.

Lemni Skate
02-24-2014, 11:21
Heard any of these before...my family has been section hiking with these names:

Tenderfoot - My wife went out after foot surgery
Web Sweeper - My daughter is up early has to lead the way
Blackspot Pete - My son's name is just a cartoon character name he liked.
Stats - (I had named myself a few different things but thru-hikers named me this at a shelter one night) I'm a math teacher and always seemed to know the slope, elevation or distance to the next road. I love numbers.

WingedMonkey
02-24-2014, 11:36

I have often wondered when "weekenders" and other short term hikers started using trail names. Maybe about the time of online screen names?

I had a different handle every summer on Boy Scout camp staff, never used it on myself or as a signature.

Was in the local library parking lot some years back, on my way out, and kept hearing someone shouting. Finally turned and it was a young man that was calling me by a name from camp at least 25 years before.

GoldenBear
02-24-2014, 12:12
But I chose my trail name because I thought it summed up my basic identity quite well.

If someone will pay for a new visor
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=58668&catid=member&imageuser=13863
with a snail on it, I'll consider changing my trail name to Snail's Pace.

Teacher & Snacktime
02-24-2014, 12:23
I have often wondered when "weekenders" and other short term hikers started using trail names. Maybe about the time of online screen names?

When Snacktime and I encounter other hikers, we always ask for their trailnames and introduce ourselves in kind. We've discovered that very few weekenders, even sectioners have names (of those we've met, anyway). Many seem to feel they're not "eligible" because they don't have thousands of miles under their belts, and many thought it was just silly. I found it interesting.

Snacktime and I chose names for ourselves knowing they'd never be assigned to us as we hike so little with others, but the choosing was important to our purpose of understanding the culture & society of the AT, and not just the trail itself or backpacking.

Anyway, we are who we are because the names are quite indicative of what we are.

Foresight
02-24-2014, 13:23

Might I then suggest Pecker Checker?

(USN, 86-92 :D)

Foresight
02-24-2014, 13:29

Nope. I'm sure we can do better than that. I am currently going by Billy Goat but I have only had that name for 2 days now and I am in my living room, so it isn't exactly tried and tested.

Since you're from Chapin.....Liver Nip

Doc Mike
02-24-2014, 13:31
Might I then suggest Pecker Checker?

(USN, 86-92 :D)

Yep thats what I was referring to.
(USN 83-89, USAF 10-present)

Foresight
02-24-2014, 13:39
Yeah, I just caught up. I have got to start reading all replies first, lol

Based on your reply above, I think I've figured out your wobbling issue. But hey, at least the kid didn't name you "Two Cups" like i would have :D

Toon
02-24-2014, 13:46

Ever seen the walk movies? There is a pretty popular Billy goat out west. I would go with something else

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Kraken Skullz
02-24-2014, 14:18
Since you're from Chapin.....Liver Nip

Not quite sure what Liver Nip is. I have only lived in Chapin since 2007.

Foresight
02-24-2014, 14:21
It's a very localized food item.

Kraken Skullz
02-24-2014, 15:06
Sounds gross.

BuckeyeBill
02-24-2014, 15:38
But I chose my trail name because I thought it summed up my basic identity quite well.

If someone will pay for a new visor
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=58668&catid=member&imageuser=13863
with a snail on it, I'll consider changing my trail name to Snail's Pace.

When I first saw Golden Bear I thought Jack Nicholas The Golfer took up hiking in his retirement. MMMMM Guess not.

RETCW4
02-24-2014, 16:09
Last year there were three Tumbleweed's. Myself, a girl from MD and a transvestite from Canada.I got mine from my grandfather in 1952, the girl got her's from rolling down a hill while taking a pee and lord only knows where the Canadian got their's from.

hikerboy57
02-24-2014, 16:11
twigs
sticks
bones

Foresight
02-24-2014, 17:07
Sounds gross.

You try it and report back, lol. To the best of my reconnaissance I've determined that it's chicken and dumplings made with liver instead of chicken....

GolfHiker
02-24-2014, 20:13
I once was given & brought some " Spotted Dick" on the trail & shared with all for dessert. Thank goodness that did not become my name. Many years ago, on a cold dark morn, I was tagged the Stealth Pooper. No real mystery there. While funny at the time, that's not really my choice for a trail name. You can't pick your parents, but whenever possible try to pick your trail name.

LAF
02-24-2014, 20:22
I once was given & brought some " Spotted Dick" on the trail & shared with all for dessert. Thank goodness that did not become my name. Many years ago, on a cold dark morn, I was tagged the Stealth Pooper. No real mystery there. While funny at the time, that's not really my choice for a trail name. You can't pick your parents, but whenever possible try to pick your trail name.

could be worse, could get named for a well known caribbean reef fish whose common name is Slippery Dick

adamkrz
02-24-2014, 20:42
Molly Ringworm

Foresight
02-24-2014, 20:45
Long Duk Dong

roustabout
02-24-2014, 22:49
Goose and Maverick

bear_cub
02-24-2014, 23:16

For a lot of people hiking is a chance to step away from normal life at home... Using a trail name allows those people to forget about "Dave who is stressed out from his job", and become "Easy Going" who can forget about all that stuff for a little while and embrace everything the trail has to offer :)

Special K
02-25-2014, 18:16
Long Duk Dong

I think I ate 3 helpings of that at an AYCE buffet in VA.

tscoffey
02-25-2014, 18:24
Most people don't get to choose their birth name.

I think it more correct to say that no one chooses their birth name.

And changing your name later in life is not choosing a birth name.

Ox97GaMe
02-25-2014, 19:30
Not quite sure what Liver Nip is. I have only lived in Chapin since 2007.

I know a 91 thru hiker that lives in Chapin SC. The CarolinaCooker.

squeezebox
02-25-2014, 19:42
Is there anyone who is " nameless " ?
That would be interesting.

SnailRacer
02-25-2014, 19:51
Anything with bear, goat, or man in it.

I guess I should rethink BearGoatMan??

Meriadoc
02-25-2014, 21:23
Is there anyone who is " nameless " ?
That would be interesting.
Man with No Name

Yes, but GoatManBear would be okay.

Chris10
02-25-2014, 21:26
Hike your own hike, but not go with the name you want?

ChinMusic
02-25-2014, 21:44

ManBearPig is taken, by the guy that invented the trail.

illabelle
02-26-2014, 05:53
Some animal names that I haven't heard yet:
Slug
Deer Tick
Protozo(a) - fits in with NOBO, SOBO, HOBO, SOLO, etc
Leech

Maybe if they were cuter...?

Cookerhiker
02-26-2014, 08:50
I have never met anyone with the names above. that had received it from someone else.

Yep. That's why you should pick your own trail name. Aim for something unique that no one else would have. Chances are if someone dubs you with one, it's been used before, and still is.

Kraken Skullz
02-26-2014, 10:21
Never heard of Carolina Cooker in Chapin. I guess I could ask around and see. Maybe the inventor of Liver Nip?

flemdawg1
02-26-2014, 11:14
<----- I picked my own. Nothing wrong with doing that. I choose my destiny, I can choose my own trailname as well.

Another Kevin
02-26-2014, 19:12
← Another Kevin is just a screen name, but the people here that I've hiked with know me by it, so it's kind of turning into a trail name.

Nearly 40 years ago, in Hew Hampshire, the trail name 'Korean' attached itself to me. I left it behind when I moved west in 1979, I never cared for it. Having to explain why a round-eye was wearing that name got old, particularly since the story wasn't even all that interesting, and was associated with a bad memory of a hiking accident. (Aside from that, it might have been OK. I've met a lot of Koreans who are very strong hikers. It's practically their national sport.)

Life went on. I got out of hiking for far too long. Now that I've come back to it, I'm just a clueless weekender. I've little use for a trail name. The name my mother gave me works fine. Since there are a lot of Kevins on the trail, I emphasize that none of them is me, I'm another Kevin.

Teacher & Snacktime
02-26-2014, 19:17
I actually assigned a trail name once....it was inadvertent and quite dumb...but it stuck. Snacktime and I were criss/cross hiking for a few days with a dad/daughter team in PA. At one of our meetings I quipped "there's the dad and the daughter". For some reason, Dad, who's actual name I don't think I ever got, liked the tags. Not Dad and Daughter though....THE Dad and THE Daughter they became. He seemed quite happy with it.

Kraken Skullz
02-26-2014, 20:25
Maybe my dad and I should be The Old Man and The C (C for child). What do you think?

Foresight
02-26-2014, 20:45
I like it.

Liver Nips is/are a holdover from all the German influence in the area.

Kraken Skullz
02-26-2014, 20:53
Hmm. It doesn't sound as bad when you say it that way Foresight.

Teacher & Snacktime
02-26-2014, 23:37
Maybe my dad and I should be The Old Man and The C (C for child). What do you think?

that's clever...I like it

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 00:19
Don't be surprised when some people call you the C-word.

Kraken Skullz
02-27-2014, 00:25
Hopefully they will understand that it is a play on words and I won't have to explain the great literary minds of the 20th century to them. That could take a while. But hey, The Son Also Rises wouldn't be too bad of a trail name if I were more of a morning person.

rafe
02-27-2014, 00:43
I met Robo Jesus once. I still chuckle recalling that trail name. He was doing a 26 mile day, a couple of days from K, so we didn't get to talk much.

Astro
02-27-2014, 01:15
Long Duk Dong

With 16 Candles, you can not forget Farmer Ted either.

whisper walking
02-27-2014, 05:39
Hopefully they will understand that it is a play on words and I won't have to explain the great literary minds of the 20th century to them. That could take a while. But hey, The Son Also Rises wouldn't be too bad of a trail name if I were more of a morning person.

Uh, you've read The Sun Also Rises, haven't you? Do you want people to constantly ask you what you've "lost"?

Kraken Skullz
02-27-2014, 08:06
True. Witty banter is what I was going for. Pretty much any Hemingway title isn't going to be a good trail name.

4eyedbuzzard
02-27-2014, 08:15
My daughter got her trail name on the AT. We were hiking a section from Lyme, NH, to Glenciff. Not more than 10 minutes out of the car she stepped off a plank bog walk into the muck, and Soggyfeet was born.

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 08:20
Soggyfeet... oh boy. How old was she when she got that name?

Foresight
02-27-2014, 10:47
Pretty much any Hemingway title isn't going to be a good trail name.

Cat in the Rain

Or, hook up with another and be The Gambler, The Nun and The Radio.

Foresight
02-27-2014, 10:56
One Trip Across.....

Foresight
02-27-2014, 10:57
Do a winter hike and you can be Out of Season....

Foresight
02-27-2014, 10:58
Or, ironically, The Undefeated :D

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 11:14
Cat in the Rain

Or, hook up with another and be The Gambler, The Nun and The Radio.

One Trip Across.....

Do a winter hike and you can be Out of Season....

Or, ironically, The Undefeated :D
Ooh, look at you! Foresight does some light reading!

Foresight
02-27-2014, 11:17
What can I say? Maybe I should change my location to Finca Vigia....

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 11:22
O.o <3 Educated people! (I had to google that. Haha)

I love museums. I can't wait to move to the south and go to all the Civil War sites.

Keeping on topic: maybe I'll get a history trail name. :p

Foresight
02-27-2014, 11:41
O.o

That reminds me, I need to back and see if anyone caught my "wobbles" crack.....

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 11:50
That reminds me, I need to back and see if anyone caught my "wobbles" crack.....
High comedy. :rolleyes:

Foresight
02-27-2014, 12:08
Not anymore. I quit that years ago.

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 12:09
Not anymore. I quit that years ago.
High comedy doesn't involve dope, ya dope. :p

Foresight
02-27-2014, 12:19
That's just crazy talk.

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 12:36
Is "Crazy Talk" gonna be my trail name? ;)

Just Bill
02-27-2014, 13:23
Any trail name is a good one, provided you've got a good story to go with it.
No shame in picking your own or letting the trail find one for you either IMO.

Don't be in a rush to get one or give one- seems most of the recurring (bad) ones come because somebody made it "all the way" to Fontana and hasn't been named yet.
"Dude you don't have a trail name"
Nope
"My name is "Friendly" cause I make friends with everyone, not having a name sucks. Man you just bought all those Fig Newtons at the Village, I got it your name is Fig Newton, lolol."
Turns out you only bought fig newtons because the a-hole named Friendly who just named you bought all the snickers in the store.

You should change your name to "F****'d by Friendly"
Then you have an original name and a good story and friendly will have to change his name to fig newton once word gets around.

Lemni Skate
02-27-2014, 13:27
We just use the names for fun...it was fun to do with little kids. Their older now, but we've stuck with the names.

Lone Wolf
02-27-2014, 13:33
Any trail name is a good one, provided you've got a good story to go with it.

no story with my name. i chose it myself

bfayer
02-27-2014, 14:53

It is now :)

Just Bill
02-27-2014, 14:58
no story with my name. i chose it myself

Understood- a story would take to long to tell- not your style.

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 15:06
It is now :)
Little inelegant, dontcha think? ;)

It's a good trail name though.... I'll be sure to pass it on to some worthy gentleman.

Seatbelt
02-27-2014, 15:10
I met a father and son on the trail who called themselves Locomotive and Caboose, one was always in front and the other....well you get the picture.

Many Moons
02-27-2014, 15:26
I like how you got your trail name Seatbelt. That was a good true story!! HIKE ON !!!

Miller

I met a father and son on the trail who called themselves Locomotive and Caboose, one was always in front and the other....well you get the picture.

Seatbelt
02-27-2014, 15:32
I like how you got your trail name Seatbelt. That was a good true story!! HIKE ON !!!

Miller

Thanks Miller! Is your son still hiking with trail-name we suggested---"Milller-Lite" ??

Many Moons
02-27-2014, 15:41
He loved the trail name "Miller Lite" You and your son came up with-a cool name for him. My older son wants to use "Miller High Life" his next trip, You guys started something! Miller Lite is not sure he likes hiking, I'm not going to push. He loves the views and campfires, but not sure if he likes the miles. The 13.9 miles the last day about killed him. He liked the trail town Hot Springs too. HIKE ON!!!

Miller

Thanks Miller! Is your son still hiking with trail-name we suggested---"Milller-Lite" ??

Sierra2015
02-27-2014, 15:49
He loved the trail name "Miller Lite" You and your son came up with-a cool name for him. My older son wants to use "Miller High Life" his next trip, You guys started something! Miller Lite is not sure he likes hiking, I'm not going to push. He loves the views and campfires, but not sure if he likes the miles. The 13.9 miles the last day about killed him. He liked the trail town Hot Springs too. HIKE ON!!!

Miller
How old are your kids?

Many Moons
02-27-2014, 16:00
Miller Lite 18
Miller High Life 25
HIKE ON!!!

Miller

How old are your kids?

Bog Balls
02-27-2014, 16:39
My daughter got her trail name on the AT. We were hiking a section from Lyme, NH, to Glenciff. Not more than 10 minutes out of the car she stepped off a plank bog walk into the muck, and Soggyfeet was born.

I like that better than what I earned..... "Bog Balls" :)

Foresight
02-27-2014, 17:10
I like that better than what I earned..... "Bog Balls" :)

Classic! :D

4eyedbuzzard
02-27-2014, 17:26
Soggyfeet... oh boy. How old was she when she got that name?She was 19. She wants to change it, but I still call her that sometimes. Because I can.

Is "Crazy Talk" gonna be my trail name? ;)Beats the combination of some of the other names, Unicorn and Dork, you've called yourself in past threads. Crazytalk is definitely better than Unidork or Dorkycorn. :p ;)

I like that better than what I earned..... "Bog Balls" :):-? Yeah, I think I was wise avoiding any body parts between the knees and shoulders when bestowing the name.;)

bamboo bob
02-27-2014, 17:50
In the olden days Trail Names were assigned not self given. I guess I think it's kind of uninteresting to assign yourself a name from TV shows or movies. My favorite trail name was I guy I met named Special Ed. His kids gave it to him. Kids and grand kids are a source of a lot of names especially all those Papa Smurfs.

Damn Yankee
02-27-2014, 18:54
Classic! :D
I guess it's better than swamp *ss

Damn Yankee
02-27-2014, 18:57
In the early 70's when CB's were popular I called myself BarnStormer but, then in the 80's when I got heavy into Heavy Metal(and still am) I changed my handle to MetalMaster. If I were to give myself a trail name, I think it would be MetalMaster as I haven't seen or heard that one used. I do however like the idea of being given one on trail.

Tuckahoe
02-27-2014, 19:10

And to make you sound educated, we'll make your trail name, "ALIENILOQUIUM"

Teacher & Snacktime
02-27-2014, 20:57
True. Witty banter is what I was going for. Pretty much any Hemingway title isn't going to be a good trail name.

Why not just call your father "Papa"?

Almost There
02-27-2014, 21:03
In the olden days Trail Names were assigned not self given. I guess I think it's kind of uninteresting to assign yourself a name from TV shows or movies. My favorite trail name was I guy I met named Special Ed. His kids gave it to him. Kids and grand kids are a source of a lot of names especially all those Papa Smurfs.

Just changed my trail name from "Almost There" to "Walking Dead Bear" My youngest who will start sectioning this year was talking with me about trail names and said to me, "Daddy, I know what your name should be." I told him I already had one, and he said, "Mine's better." I asked him what it was, and he said like the tattoo on your leg. I said to him, "Buddy, those are dancing dead bears (Grateful Dead)." He says, "No, they're walking dead bears. You walk in the woods, and bears walk in the woods. You're name should be Walking Dead Bear!" No better name than the one your kid gives you. Even my buddy who gave me my original trail name on the trail voted to use my boy's name...so I am now Walking Dead Bear.;)

Teacher & Snacktime
02-27-2014, 21:03
O.o <3 Educated people! (I had to google that. Haha)

I love museums. I can't wait to move to the south and go to all the Civil War sites.

Keeping on topic: maybe I'll get a history trail name. :p

It's not Civil War, but Sacagawea is pretty historic, and appropriate for the trail. Of course the pregnancy requirement might be off-putting for some....

msujay
02-27-2014, 21:17
I will go on a limb and say that no one else has my trail name. Alien Snorer.

rickb
02-27-2014, 21:21
There was a poster on WB that went by the name Fur Queue.

I am thinking that must be a rather common name on the Trail. Seems like when you are around a bunch of thru hikers, you hear some calling for him -- usually by just the first name, though -- an awful lot.

Foresight
02-27-2014, 21:46
Why not just call your father "Papa"?

Well played :cyberfistbump:

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 02:44
She was 19. She wants to change it, but I still call her that sometimes. Because I can.
Poor girl, I don't blame her!

Beats the combination of some of the other names, Unicorn and Dork, you've called yourself in past threads. Crazytalk is definitely better than Unidork or Dorkycorn. :p ;)
You've been keeping close track of me, Buzzy. O.o

It's not Civil War, but Sacagawea is pretty historic, and appropriate for the trail. Of course the pregnancy requirement might be off-putting for some....
Yeah... might not get so many drinks. :p

(I'm digging the Indian name though... my grandpa belonged to the Arkansas Cherokee tribe and I have a thing for working that fact into as many conversations as I can.)

Miller Lite 18
Miller High Life 25
HIKE ON!!!

Miller Oh! Those are grown kids!

HikerMom58
02-28-2014, 09:46
I love Buzzy! Buzz or Buzzy... it works for me! :D Thanks for that, Sierra!! You are WONDERFUL! :sun

flemdawg1
02-28-2014, 12:14
Just changed my trail name from "Almost There" to "Walking Dead Bear" My youngest who will start sectioning this year was talking with me about trail names and said to me, "Daddy, I know what your name should be." I told him I already had one, and he said, "Mine's better." I asked him what it was, and he said like the tattoo on your leg. I said to him, "Buddy, those are dancing dead bears (Grateful Dead)." He says, "No, they're walking dead bears. You walk in the woods, and bears walk in the woods. You're name should be Walking Dead Bear!" No better name than the one your kid gives you. Even my buddy who gave me my original trail name on the trail voted to use my boy's name...so I am now Walking Dead Bear.;)

OK, at first I thought it was because you are from GA, and that's where the TV show (The Walking Dead) takes place. I pictured a black bear wearing a truckers hat, a sleevless button down shirt and carrying a crossbow (ala Darrell).

flemdawg1
02-28-2014, 12:16
Yeah... might not get so many drinks. :p

(I'm digging the Indian name though... my grandpa belonged to the Arkansas Cherokee tribe and I have a thing for working that fact into as many conversations as I can.)

Oh! Those are grown kids!

Please don't do Pocohontas. That's another overused one.

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 13:04
On June 21st you can be "Little Bare Hiking"

RED-DOG
02-28-2014, 13:13
to me the overused trail names would be.
1 Backtrack.
2 Rollin
3 anything withn DOG in it.
4 any kind of Animal names.
5 any type of Food names
the best trail names is the ones you earn on the trail, such as on my 2012 thru i had a young lady calling me Chili-Mac and for a long while that was the name i used.

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 13:28
Please don't do Pocohontas. That's another overused one.
Sadly no. I look more like Ariel or that chick from Brave.

More so Brave. Sad squared. :(

Theosus
02-28-2014, 15:59
We named one guy "cowboy" on a recent overnight. Another woman got "cinderella" because she went ahead and we found her camp shoe on the trail. The guy who brought eggs and cooked them over the fire was Emril, and we've also had a "gretel" because she inadvertently loses a lot of gear (like bread crumbs).
I have yet to earn a name myself... but on overnights with different people, what does it really matter? If I were section hiking or thru-hiking its more fun, but on short sporadic trips... no one in our groups really care.

Doctari
02-28-2014, 16:12
The way I understand how trail names started so very long ago: There were many hikers out named (for example) Dave. So when talking about "Dave" there was often the response: "Which Dave?" SO, Dave from Illinois became "Chicago Dave", then after a few weeks just "Chicago" as different from Tall Dave, & Michigan Dave. My "trail name" was given me about 10 years before I first hit the AT, I was the first aid department at my local Zoo & my co-workers gave it to me. I answer to it as readily as my 'real" name.

I too am tired of the LOTR names. I did meet one "Baggins" & the name fit her totally. But about 1/2 of the "Frodo" hikers I've met were over 5' tall. REALLY?
I am OK with trail names, but lets be a little original.
Maineiac, met at least 5 one year.
Most of the ones mentioned in other responses above.

One I'd like to suggest to some: SHSH or "Should Have Stayed Home"

:-)

Lone Wolf
02-28-2014, 16:22
met 2 guys from Iowa on the trail in the late 80s. they were I.O.W.A. (idiots out walkin' around)

Lone Wolf
02-28-2014, 16:23
back in the day (mid 80s) most of us were self-named

Just Bill
02-28-2014, 16:39
Sadly no. I look more like Ariel or that chick from Brave.

More so Brave. Sad squared. :(

Doesn't exactly roll off the tounge but in Cherokee red is Gigage, no idea on prunouciation.
More of a Lakota Souix fella myself. Tate Sa (Tah tey Sah) means red wind- for your hair and your yapper. :bse

rafe
02-28-2014, 16:57
to me the overused trail names would be.
1 Backtrack.
2 Rollin
3 anything withn DOG in it.
4 any kind of Animal names.
5 any type of Food names
the best trail names is the ones you earn on the trail, such as on my 2012 thru i had a young lady calling me Chili-Mac and for a long while that was the name i used.

I met a woman at Highpoint shelter in NJ by the trailname spaghetti-o, on account of some culinary accident. Alas my own falls under your category 4. I'm so lame.

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 17:23
Doesn't exactly roll off the tounge but in Cherokee red is Gigage, no idea on prunouciation.
More of a Lakota Souix fella myself. Tate Sa (Tah tey Sah) means red wind- for your hair and your yapper. :bse
She Has A Multitude Of Opinions. Shamoo for short. :p

Foresight
02-28-2014, 17:37
Princess D.I. (Daddy Issues)

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 17:41
She Has A Multitude Of Opinions. Shamoo for short. :p

I suspect that's not how Shamoo will be interpreted

Foresight
02-28-2014, 17:45
Why ya gotta be so judgmental there, Teach? Beauty has no size......you should be ashamed :D

Jack Tarlin
02-28-2014, 17:47
Names That Need To Go......

*As others have stated, ANYTHING from Lord of the Rings
*Anything from Star Wars
*Anything involving a superhero or bad superhero film
*Anything with "Bear" or "Moose" or "Wolf"
*Anything that involves snoring
*Anything that tries to sound American Indianish
*Like "Dreamcatcher"
*Anything from The Grateful Dead
*Anything from an Edward Abbey novel
*Like "Hayduke"
*Anything that invokes the name of a dead Greek philosopher that you most likely haven't read
"Anything that starts with "Dances With......."
*Anything with the word "walker", "strider", "seeker", or "dreamer"
*Anything from Harry Potter
*Anything that involves an intimate body part or function, especially concerning the digestive tract
*Anything that includes the word "ramen"

All for now, I'm something else will come to mind.

Drybones
02-28-2014, 17:48
The all time best trail name and how it was given belongs to a friend of mine. "911".

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 17:52
Princess D.I. (Daddy Issues) Might as well advertise. :p

I suspect that's not how Shamoo will be interpreted Hmm? Whatever do you mean?

Why ya gotta be so judgmental there, Teach? Beauty has no size......you should be ashamed :D Translation: Foresight likes them busty.

Foresight
02-28-2014, 17:53
Excuse me there, Drybones, but we're trying to console Princess D.I. here since Teach has done gone and called her a whale.

Foresight
02-28-2014, 17:54
They're all God's creatures......

Drybones
02-28-2014, 17:55
Met a young lady named "Scarediecat", like it.

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 18:02
Excuse me there, Drybones, but we're trying to console Princess D.I. here since Teach has done gone and called her a whale.
You're getting too much enjoyment from this. -_-

I'm suspicious about your supposed intent.

Teacher & Snacktime
Why ya gotta be so judgmental there, Teach? Beauty has no size......you should be ashamed :D

I am.......:datz..

NO SUH!!!!! I would never! (I have much funnier things to call Sierra :))

rocketsocks
Might as well advertise. :p

Hmm? Whatever do you mean?

Translation: Foresight likes them busty.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Foresight
02-28-2014, 18:05
You're getting too much enjoyment from this. -_-

I'm suspicious about your supposed intent.

No intent. The sun came up and my eyes opened just as they have for the last 17,884 of my days here so I plan to make the most of it :D

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 18:09
NO SUH!!!!! I would never! (I have much funnier things to call Sierra :))
Liiiiiike dork? :p

Thanks for pointing that out.
Which part? Because I'm getting a little chagrined.

No intent. The sun came up and my eyes opened just as they have for the last 17,884 of my days here so I plan to make the most of it :D
That's a lot of days. O.o

I'm in the 9,000s. :p

4eyedbuzzard
02-28-2014, 18:11
That's a lot of days. O.o

I'm in the 9,000s. :pHush, you!

Foresight
02-28-2014, 18:11
O > o (mathematical expression, not cyclops)

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 18:13
Liiiiiike dork? :p

I was thinking "Whinney"

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 18:13
Hush, you!
You old guys are so bossy!

O > o (mathematical expression, not cyclops)
I literally giggled. O.o o.O

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 18:14
I was thinking "Whinney"
Not Whiney?

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 18:14
Not Whiney?

Now that's a horse of a different color!

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 18:17
Now that's a horse of a different color!
I bet Dorothy and Todo is a common trail name!

HikerMom58
02-28-2014, 18:17
Nice avatar for an old guy, Buzz! :)

Foresight
02-28-2014, 18:24
Someone's getting all flirty up in here......

Meriadoc
02-28-2014, 18:27
You guys are having way too much fun here :).

And the obligatory:
It's over 9000!!!

You're better off if you miss that reference :)

How is O > o? Are we talking about the binary code for O and o? Hmm??

01001111 > 01101111 ? Evaluate!

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 18:28
Someone's getting all flirty up in here......
< Buzz + Mom 3

Careful, Foresight... looks like I'll be calling Buzzy "Dad" soon. :p

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 18:28
I bet Dorothy and Todo is a common trail name!

SIDE BAR: "We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're out of the night.....Step into the sun, step into the light...."

I sing this every time we emerge from the forest into an open, sunny field or meadow. I drives Snacktime nuts :D

Now back to our regularly posted thread.....

Meriadoc
02-28-2014, 18:33
SIDE BAR: "We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're out of the night.....Step into the sun, step into the light...."

I sing this every time we emerge from the forest into an open, sunny field or meadow. I drives Snacktime nuts :D

We can't go back to the regular thread that quickly. Not without singing my favorite hiker song:

Black socks, they never get dirty
The longer you wear them the harder they get
Sometimes I think I should wash them
But something keeps saying
not yet
not yet
not yet

Foresight
02-28-2014, 18:34
You guys are having way too much fun here :).

And the obligatory:
It's over 9000!!!

You're better off if you miss that reference :)

How is O > o? Are we talking about the binary code for O and o? Hmm??

01001111 > 01101111 ? Evaluate!

Not at all, it's merely the solution to the mystery of why Trailwobbles wobbles.

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 18:35
We can't go back to the regular thread that quickly. Not without singing my favorite hiker song:

not yet
not yet
not yet

That would be a great pair of hiking names for a couple of middle-aged guys.....Black Socks and Sandals!

HikerMom58
02-28-2014, 18:39

I want to hear you sing this so I can see Snacktime's face... LOL

not yet
not yet
not yet

Ha Ha... don't wash them till they can stand up on their own.. LOL. I was waiting for you to get on this thread, Merry!

Now where's likeahike? ;)

4eyedbuzzard
02-28-2014, 19:01
Nice avatar for an old guy, Buzz! :)Thank you, HikerMom.:)

Someone's getting all flirty up in here......Thank you, Perez Hilton. :rolleyes:

< Buzz + Mom 3Really? REALLY? After all the restraint I have shown? :confused:

Careful, Foresight... looks like I'll be calling Buzzy "Dad" soon. :pI can't afford the four I raised. And you really don't want to be the red-headed stepchild. ;)

Foresight
02-28-2014, 19:07
I don't think she can help that.....

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 19:08
I want to hear you sing this so I can see Snacktime's face... LOL

NOBODY wants to hear me sing this....why do you think Snacktime hates it?

HikerMom58
02-28-2014, 19:16

That maybe true but his face would be priceless. :p

Foresight
02-28-2014, 19:31

It would be better than having to listen to Buzz singing Led Zeppelin's Black Dog.......

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 19:33
Don't count on it!

likeahike
02-28-2014, 19:34
Now where's likeahike? ;)I knew it, you miss me!

Foresight
02-28-2014, 19:37
Don't count on it!

Trust me on this one, lol

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 19:38
I don't think she can help that.....
I'm always the redheaded stepchild. :(

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 19:39
I knew it, you miss me!
Mom is playing matchmaker. Lol

Foresight
02-28-2014, 19:41
Deflecting attention from her own amorous efforts is more like it......

WingedMonkey
02-28-2014, 19:42

*Anything from Star Wars
*Like "Dreamcatcher"
*Like "Hayduke"
*Anything that invokes the name of a dead Greek philosopher that you most likely haven't read
*Anything that involves an intimate body part or function, especially concerning the digestive tract

Take any of the above and add "boy" or "girl" to said name.

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 19:43
Deflecting attention from her own amorous efforts is more like it......
Forget it. Mom can't marry Buzz. I'm part of the package and since Buzz doesn't want a redheaded stepchild he can't have Mom either.

Foresight
02-28-2014, 19:47
Sucks for you, Buzz....See where that hate filled heart got ya? The curb, that's where.

likeahike
02-28-2014, 19:48

*Anything from Star Wars
*Like "Dreamcatcher"
*Like "Hayduke"

or...
*Anything taken from a Springsteen tune

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 19:52
or...
*Anything taken from a Springsteen tune
How 'bout Journey?

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 19:53
Probably the Beatles and the Stones too.

Maybe I'll get dubbed a rolling stone?

Teacher & Snacktime
02-28-2014, 19:54
Probably the Beatles and the Stones too.

Maybe I'll get dubbed a rolling stone?

"Papa" was a rolling stone.....wherever he laid his hat was home.

Foresight
02-28-2014, 19:55
<don't say it....do NOT say it...>

likeahike
02-28-2014, 19:58
How 'bout Journey?Point missed.

Foresight
02-28-2014, 20:02
You're kidding me, right???

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 20:02
Doooon't stop beliiiieeeeeving!

Foresight
02-28-2014, 20:03
Nevermind, I see it now "Alabama". Mom, keep looking.

likeahike
02-28-2014, 20:06
Forget it. Mom can't marry Buzz. I'm part of the package and since Buzz doesn't want a redheaded stepchild he can't have Mom either.Something circular in that logic.

4eyedbuzzard
02-28-2014, 20:13
Forget it. Mom can't marry Buzz. I'm part of the package and since Buzz doesn't want a redheaded stepchild he can't have Mom either.

Sucks for you, Buzz....See where that hate filled heart got ya? The curb, that's where.Yep. Like Janice sung, . . . nothin' left to lose

likeahike
02-28-2014, 20:13
Nevermind, I see it now "Alabama". Mom, keep looking.So what's with the "Alabama" reference?

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 20:14
Something circular in that logic.
This round eyed girl does like to go around and around. O.o

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 20:16
So what's with the "Alabama" reference?
Keep up, Hike honey. :p

likeahike
02-28-2014, 20:19
This round eyed girl does like to go around and around. O.oWhere she stops, nobody knows...

Foresight
02-28-2014, 20:20
So what's with the "Alabama" reference?

Not right now. Busy......

This round eyed girl does like to go around and around. O.o

Sierra2015
02-28-2014, 21:02
Not right now. Busy......
Creepy watching from afar?