PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Filled Pretels

johnnyjohnson2043
02-24-2014, 14:01
I just discovered these! They're glorious! I can't stop eating them! Has anyone else brought them on the trail? It seems like they have a good amount of calories and are pretty lightweight.

WingedMonkey
02-24-2014, 14:13
Hope they are better than M&M's stuffed with pretzels, will NEVER buy again.

Have had cheese filled pretzels, like those.

FarmerChef
02-24-2014, 14:51
Those are delicious! Haven't taken them on the trail.

Different Socks
02-24-2014, 15:02
Thinkin of having those on my next AT hike as well. Also, choco covered pretzels, pretzel M&M's, anything that has peanut butter and even chips with salsa.

FarmerChef
02-24-2014, 15:05
Thinkin of having those on my next AT hike as well. Also, choco covered pretzels, pretzel M&M's, anything that has peanut butter and even chips with salsa.

I wonder what rehydrated salsa is like. Seems to me it would dehydrate really well, much like "bark" as Chef Glenn likes to say.

Different Socks
02-24-2014, 15:13
I wonder what rehydrated salsa is like. Seems to me it would dehydrate really well, much like "bark" as Chef Glenn likes to say.

Good question FarmerChef! Haven't had dried salsa before, so I thought it was worth a try. Most edible things I haven't had on the trail before, I make up a batch and try them. Right now I still have the bag of dried salsa with all my dried meats and veggies. Gonna have to test the salsa out this summer just to be sure, yet I think it will be great. I dry pasta sauce also and that comes out awesome every time, so the salsa would be most likely have the same results. Can't wait to see the loo on other hiker's faces when they see me eating chips/salsa on the trail. More than likely they would think I am a dreaded weekender or day hiker.

HikerMom58
02-24-2014, 15:51
I just discovered these! They're glorious! I can't stop eating them! Has anyone else brought them on the trail? It seems like they have a good amount of calories and are pretty lightweight.

Yummm.... sounds good! :) I'll have to try some.

johnnyjohnson2043
02-24-2014, 15:57
You can usually get them in huge plastic tubs for a few bucks but the "real world" calorie/servings is 140 for 8 pretzels! I'd probably eat dozens of them while I'm hiking as a great snack!

Rolls Kanardly
02-24-2014, 15:57
Bet you can not eat just one.

The large size container does not set around very long on my counter. Good stuff. Forget the label, a serving size is what ever you can hold in your hand. Lucky I got big hands. Rolls

johnnyjohnson2043
02-24-2014, 16:09
The large size container does not set around very long on my counter. Good stuff. Forget the label, a serving size is what ever you can hold in your hand. Lucky I got big hands. Rolls

Haha! A serving size for me is usually several hand fulls!

FarmerChef
02-24-2014, 16:20
My boss keep tubs of these in the office as give away snacks. Needless to say my boss gets frequent visitors to his office.

slovakiasteph
02-24-2014, 17:06
I had these last year when I was backpacking-- perfect treat!

Hot Flash
02-24-2014, 17:22
I've dried salsa, kimchi, hummus, baba ganoush, refried beans, sriracha, and a load of other things. You can pretty much dry anything you like as long as the fat content isn't too high.

Just Bill
02-24-2014, 20:07
A pico de gallo style salsa comes back decent for chips and salsa. Same with Salsa verde or other similiar styles.

The tomatoes are really the problem, they never plump back up so a traditional chunky salsa never works quite right for dipping. But these styles work fine as a leather to cook with and work great as an add in to grains to spice them up. Salsa and corn grits is a good one.

WILLIAM HAYES
02-26-2014, 21:26
got some at the local fresh market the other day these things are habit forming great snack and pretty light weight

Malto
02-26-2014, 22:21

Oh yeah. These and combos are two of my favorite salty trail foods

AngelEyez
02-26-2014, 22:30
in maine we can get the Peanut Butter Filled Pretels at the dollar store. agreed yummers