PDA

View Full Version : Clif, Luna, and Mojo bars on sale

10-K
02-24-2014, 18:53
Not sure if this is regional or what but down here in the Southeast Kroger has Clif, Luna, and Mojo bars on sale for $1.00 each this week.

Last Call
02-24-2014, 19:03
That's a heckuva deal....on my way to stock up now!

MuddyWaters
02-24-2014, 19:17
If you buy the box of 6, clif bars are always $ 1 each at Walmart I think. dont know about the rest

Just Bill
02-24-2014, 19:59
Small town prices?
Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Meijer, and a few other sell Cliff Bars here for $1 everyday, $1.25 on a bad day.
Luna and Mojo can be up or down. Those are Chicago area prices, but still... I thought only trail towns had it bad.

CalebJ
02-24-2014, 20:19
Pretty sure those are the regular prices here at Kroger also. Interesting.

tarantolk
02-24-2014, 20:34
Stop & Shop has them for a buck every other week at least.
Target runs a box of 6 for $5 every once in a while.

Dogwood
02-24-2014, 20:35
At Target I often find the 6 pack boxes of both Cliff and Luna Bars selling for $5. Comes out at 83 cents each. At the end of the aisle, sometimes on an end cap where Target usually has clearance items, I have found specially marked Cliff and Luna boxes with 7 bars (6+1 free). No sale tags were posted on the shelf but when I used the price scanner, surely enough they were $5 as well.

Comes out to about $.71 a bar! I've bought quite a few boxes of Luna bars this way.

Some of the Bed, Bath, and Beyond Stores have a hygiene and supplement Dept. I find Pure Bars there sometimes for $1 each. I've waited for those $1 each sales and then asked Mngrs about a case discount. A few have taken off an additional 10% on the 12 bar cases. Cost $10.80/case or about 90 cents each.

Several other tores including Whole Foods, where I locate hard to find very high cal/oz ratios Raw Nutritional Bars(no I can't afford an abundance of the highest priced ones all the time!) , will give me a case discount. It works out well when, say ProBars are on sale, and then I get the additional case discount which is usually between 10-15 %. I'm sure a larger % discount could be negotiated if purchasing a multi case box, something like 4 cases.

When the expiration dates are nearly expired I've bought hoity toity high end nutritional bars at about 1/3 retail at Vitamin Shop, Whole Foods, and General Nutrition Centers. Sometimes, all those places offer free sample stuff, including some bars, for the asking or located in a basket by the registers.

Just Bill
02-24-2014, 20:50
Looks like you just found a use for me those 20% off BBB coupons form me fella.

Dogwood
02-24-2014, 21:47
Right now, I have a garbage bag with 450 bars(I keep count) I've bought over the past 6 months that I'm about to divide up into resupply boxes for three different thru-hikes. The best deal I got on Nutritional Bars, not the lowest priced though, was $1.29 each for 3 oz 380 cals ProBars which I usually only eat for b-fast on those get up and go days.

tarantolk
02-24-2014, 23:08
I'm wondering about their expire date. Seems like their expire date is too soon. Surely they would last for quite some time?

Doc Mike
02-25-2014, 21:49
If any of you have a SAMs around the box of 24 was 16$

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RockDoc
02-25-2014, 21:58
Careful, Luna Bars are for women (read the label).
You guys keep your fingers off!!

Sierra2015
02-25-2014, 22:04
Careful, Luna Bars are for women (read the label).
You guys keep your fingers off!!
When I was a kid my stepmother told me Häagen-Dazs was German for "not for kids." I believed her until a few years ago. Haha. O.o

Deacon
02-26-2014, 07:29
Right now, I have a garbage bag with 450 bars(I keep count) I've bought over the past 6 months that I'm about to divide up into resupply boxes for three different thru-hikes. The best deal I got on Nutritional Bars, not the lowest priced though, was $1.29 each for 3 oz 380 cals ProBars which I usually only eat for b-fast on those get up and go days.

Where did you find ProBars for $1.29?

Dogwood
02-26-2014, 11:26
Where did you find ProBars for $1.29?

Pro Bar make four different types of bars - ProBar Meal, ProBar Core, Pro Bar Bolt, and Pro Bar Fuel. I haven't tried them all. The ones I've been eating are Pro Bar Meal, the 3 oz ones. I think those are the most expensive, usually around $3 retail(too steep for me to buy at that price), although I have seen them for as little as $1.79 each but rarely. It's not terribly difficult to find them on sale for about $ 2.25 -$2.50 each though. I noticed these at a local large NJ grocery store chain where I shop often. They were on sale for $2.29 each. They weren't moving very well. They had four 12 bar cases(partial cases) on the shelves. Koka Mocha, Peanut Butter, and WholeBerry Blast varieties. Spoke to a Mngr. He agreed to sell me three of the cases(12 bars per case) at $15.50/case. Pro Bar Meal bars come out to be $1.29 each. I'll use them all up in the next few months. It pays to be observant, nice, and negotiate. http://shop.theprobar.com/PROBAR-Meal-Koka-Moka/p/PRO-100063N&c=ProBar@Meal After I've sampled bars and know I like them I negotiate case prices and get much better deals. I think this was an extreme situation though. I think the grocery store wasn't going to carry them anymore. It's not like I'm regularly getting all the Pro Bar Meals I want for $1.29 each.

BTW, in WalMart last night I noticed their regular price for 2.4 oz/bar 12 bar cases of Cliff Bars(they had three varieties - Oatmeal Raisin, Sierra Trail, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut) for $10.48 a case or 87 cents per bar. That's around the price of a large Snickers.

http://www.clifbarstore.com/detail/CLF+161003

http://www.clifbarstore.com/detail/CLF+161015

Kraken Skullz
02-26-2014, 13:51
Walmart in sc had a 7 pack for less than $7 for a few months. Went in the other day and they were back to the 6 packs.

BillyGr
02-26-2014, 15:47
I know that in Stop & Shop and also ShopRite I've seen various brands of bars shelved separately from the others (in S&S even in a different aisle at some times).

What they are is the same bars, but tagged with a price for buying the whole pack (the one they would usually open to sell the single bars, so it probably has 12 or so in it, again depending on brand).

Not sure offhand what brands they did this with, but it might be something that other stores do also.