PDA

View Full Version : 05 ALDHA Gathering

TJ aka Teej
09-11-2005, 19:34
This year's ALDHA Gathering is October 7, 8, & 9, at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire. This will be ALDHA's 8th time at Dartmouth!

http://www.aldha.org/gathring.htm

*The official sched isn't completely set yet - keep checking back!

Unofficially:
Camping at Storrs Pond starting Friday. Plan ahead to pitch near old pals, or wing it and set up next to 'new' friends! Registration at the campground, moving to campus later in the day.
Friday night: Opening night festivities, trail 'class year' roll call, music, not to be missed! Campfires later at Storrs Pond. Bring firewood!
Saturday: Workshops, presentations, yakkity panels, demos, and screenings. This year's finishers meet the AT dreamers! Trail photography contest. Good day to start with a coffee or breakfast meet-up with friends! (Joe Dirt!)
Saturday night: Much to do! Andy (Paul Revere AT'02) Skurka's Sea-to-Sea hike slideshow, a contra dance in town, lots of dining out options, and later campfires to suit all tastes back at the campground. Maybe even a one-pot backpackers cook off again!
Sunday morning: 'Amazing Grace' Sunrise service, 'Official Biz' ALDHA meeting (vote!), group photo (bring your funny hat), and more stuff to atend/watch/ and participate in!
Monday morning: ALDHA worktrippers head out to the DOC's Ravine Lodge.

*Thoughts: No Dartmouth homecoming game to deal with this year, but still Columbus Day Weekend is the *major* leaf-peeping event up here. Expect roads and highways to be extra clogged. There's a ride board on the ALDHA site, and I'm positive WhiteBlaze.net and the at-l will be actively conducting rideshares. Be cool - car pool!
*Be sure to check out the www.aldha.org (http://www.aldha.org) webpage!

TJ aka Teej
09-12-2005, 14:32
NOTE: The Storrs Pond Campground will not open until noon on Friday.

Panzer1
09-12-2005, 16:42
I am taking off work from thursday thru monday. I will be heading up with my wife who wants to stay in a motel/hotel on thrusday and monday. We will camp at Storrs pond on friday,saturday and sunday. My question is, does anyone know where can we stay on thrusday and monday night and what can we in the area on those days?

Panzer

TJ aka Teej
09-12-2005, 19:32
PackRat at the Hikers Welcome Hostel in GlenCliff NH says that ALDHA members are welcome on Thursday.

All I know about Norwich/Hanover hotels and motels is what's in the Companion!
http://www.aldha.org/comp_pdf.htm
The fall foliage season's big weekend is Columbus Day - book early!

BooBoo
09-13-2005, 00:58
I'm coming and Yogi is coming with me this time! I gotta go book my flight outta KC

Lion King
09-13-2005, 15:08
Boy, now if only one of the ALDHA people I have been conntacting for the last three months would respond about a booth and showing my film...

Peaks
09-13-2005, 16:06
Boy, now if only one of the ALDHA people I have been conntacting for the last three months would respond about a booth and showing my film...

Hey, I feel the same way. The only way that I learned I was doing a program was by reading about it in the ALDHA newsletter.

Why not email either Stacy or the Gathering co-ordinator directly if you haven't done that yet?

Spirit Walker
09-13-2005, 17:17
Did you fill out one of the Presenter forms that's on the ALDHA website?