PDA

View Full Version : Anker chargers - Advice needed once again troops

Fletchlives1234
02-25-2014, 10:19
Does anyone have any advice about Anker chargers.
They look the business and I think will help keep my iphone and camera and Kindle (if I decided to buy 1) charged.
I plan on using GPS apps like Guthook or Gaia as well as listening to the occascion tune. Apart from that my phone will be firmly left in flight mode. I will only use it to check in my location when I have wi-fi and to write emails / update my blog then.

Can anyone recommend which charger out of the range that will suit. I like the idea of charging 2 devices at once so thought the following:

1. Astro3E 1000Mah
8.5oz's / charges 4-5 times / charges 2 devices

2. Astro2 9000Mah
8.8oz's / charges 4-5 times / charges 2 devices

3. Astro2 8400Mah
6.2oz / charges 2-3 times / chrages 2 devives

I also quite like the look of:
4. Astro 5600Mah
4.4oz's / 1-2 charges / charges 1 devices and has a torch!!!

5. Astro Slim3
5.4oz's / charges 3 times / charges 1 device

Which one would you recommend?

One concern with these products is apparantely to turn them on / test the battery charge you have to shake the product. Surely hiking will do the same. Is this a problem or can you turn them off.

Fletchlives

TOW
02-25-2014, 11:37
Anker is the best. I have a big one and can charge my Android up to five times with it

Sent from my U670C using Tapatalk 2

Bloomer
02-25-2014, 11:46
I use the Anker Pro 14400mAh for all my needs. It has two 5v usb out and both 9V + 12V

TOW
02-25-2014, 11:55
I use the Anker Pro 14400mAh for all my needs. It has two 5v usb out and both 9V + 12V

I have the 10000

Fletchlives1234
02-25-2014, 12:06
What's the deal with shaking the device to check the charge. Can you turn it off so that when you are hiking it doesn't get turned on - wasting battery life.

Is there any need to go for the big mumma. I generally charge my phone once a week. This is likely to increase on the trail, but by how much I don't know yet.
How often am I likely to hit a town or a point where I can recharge?

Could I go for a lighter option which charges less times??

Mando12
02-25-2014, 13:50
I have used the Anker 2600mAh on the trail. It will charge my iPhone 5 twice.

Shutterbug
02-25-2014, 13:54
Does anyone have any advice about Anker chargers.
They look the business and I think will help keep my iphone and camera and Kindle (if I decided to buy 1) charged.
I plan on using GPS apps like Guthook or Gaia as well as listening to the occascion tune. Apart from that my phone will be firmly left in flight mode. I will only use it to check in my location when I have wi-fi and to write emails / update my blog then.

Can anyone recommend which charger out of the range that will suit. I like the idea of charging 2 devices at once so thought the following:

1. Astro3E 1000Mah
8.5oz's / charges 4-5 times / charges 2 devices

2. Astro2 9000Mah
8.8oz's / charges 4-5 times / charges 2 devices

3. Astro2 8400Mah
6.2oz / charges 2-3 times / chrages 2 devives

I also quite like the look of:
4. Astro 5600Mah
4.4oz's / 1-2 charges / charges 1 devices and has a torch!!!

5. Astro Slim3
5.4oz's / charges 3 times / charges 1 device

Which one would you recommend?

One concern with these products is apparantely to turn them on / test the battery charge you have to shake the product. Surely hiking will do the same. Is this a problem or can you turn them off.

Fletchlives

I have the Ankor 13000 ma that I used for my recent trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. It worked fine. There is no need to shake it. There is a button one pushes to check the charge.

Shonryu
02-25-2014, 19:13
I have a Ravpower powerbank 10400mah that weights 8.08oz and use a Galaxy SIII with a 2200mah battery and I can usually get about 4 1/2 charges on it. I highly recommend it. I've been working on a another option to give me more versatility.

Bear Gryllis solar charger 3.01oz w out the end caps and has a 2200mah battery. I like that I can charge my battery and my phone off of ot at the same time.

Spare back up phone battery 1.2oz

Anker 5600mah 4.6oz

8.9oz for roughly 1000mah

So far I've been happy with my solar charger. Its nice to know if everything goes dead I still have an option to get some minimal charging on a device if I need it.

Fletchlives1234
02-26-2014, 05:34
Morning all.

I hope all is well. I had some good reponses yesterday, but still haven't got that warm feeling I was hoping for about what charger is best suited for the AT.

I suppose the question is:

How often I am gonna hit civilisation on the trail and / or be able to charge my phone in the conventional manor. By this I mean by plugging it into a wall socket, not my mobile charging device.
I thought that it would be approx every 5 days or so? Is this realistic?
By knowing this info it will help me choose the correct charger and hopefully the most lightweight.

The same applies for WiFi. As I will be relying on this to send emails and / or GPS co-ords back to the missus.
How often do you think that I will reach a town / locatoion which has Wi-fi? Again I was hoping that it would be approx every week or so.
If it is likely to be longer then maybe getting a SPOT GPS system will be a better way to help my girlfrined keep track of my status.

Fletchlives

TOW
02-26-2014, 08:07
Morning all.

I hope all is well. I had some good reponses yesterday, but still haven't got that warm feeling I was hoping for about what charger is best suited for the AT.

I suppose the question is:

How often I am gonna hit civilisation on the trail and / or be able to charge my phone in the conventional manor. By this I mean by plugging it into a wall socket, not my mobile charging device.
I thought that it would be approx every 5 days or so? Is this realistic?
By knowing this info it will help me choose the correct charger and hopefully the most lightweight.

The same applies for WiFi. As I will be relying on this to send emails and / or GPS co-ords back to the missus.
How often do you think that I will reach a town / locatoion which has Wi-fi? Again I was hoping that it would be approx every week or so.
If it is likely to be longer then maybe getting a SPOT GPS system will be a better way to help my girlfrined keep track of my status.

Fletchlives

Every five days or so is realistic until you get to Vermont New Hampshire and Maine

Spiffyguy
02-26-2014, 23:26
I am doing a 10 day. My camera has integrated battery and only charges via USB. I shoot a lot of video for youtube so I need to charge it. I was not sure what to get and bit the bullet on the Anker E5. I have not weighed it yet, but specs at 11 oz. Heavy but 15000 mah. Should charge both camera and phone for the whole trip I am hoping.

Wise Old Owl
02-26-2014, 23:34
I was going to answer - but ya all did a great job - guess I am getting a little slow.