PDA

View Full Version : Titanium spatula

QiWiz
02-27-2014, 11:50
I got a request from someone to make a titanium spatula and this is what I came up with.
Thought it might interest those of you who are more adventuresome with your trail meals.
He wanted something light, but sturdy and not plastic. Weighs 24g (0.8oz).

FarmerChef
02-27-2014, 12:13
I'll bite. What are the dimensions and how much would something like that cost?

QiWiz
02-27-2014, 22:42
I photographed it against a background with 1/2" grid lines.
It's about 7.50" long and the business end is 2.75" wide.

If you want one I can make one for the same price as a Mega Dig trowel.
Order a Mega Dig and let me know you want a spatula and not a trowel.

mudsocks
02-27-2014, 22:44
Just don't confuse it with your Mega Dig.

kayak karl
02-27-2014, 22:53
Just don't confuse it with your Mega Dig. i was just going to ask if i could dig a hole with it. im into dual use :D

FarmerChef
02-28-2014, 08:44
i was just going to ask if i could dig a hole with it. im into dual use :D

I suppose if you heat it hot enough...

It's recycling.

QiWiz
03-09-2014, 18:07
OK, you asked for them, and now they are here. Two sizes, and I found an easier way to make them that let me reduce the price a bit.
You can go directly to http://qiwiz.net/spatulas.html if you are in a hurry.

You're just gonna flip over these babies!
I'm calling them the Lil' Flip and the Big Flip. :banana

Mac Solo
03-09-2014, 19:41
Hey that's really cool. You should make 2 or 3 elongated oval shaped releaf cuts in the middle of the spatula, reducing the surface area of the spatula, they will reduce friction and a little weight. Now im no expert on titanium so I don't know how hard it is to cut - just an idea keep up the good work sr.

QiWiz
03-17-2014, 10:14
Hey that's really cool. You should make 2 or 3 elongated oval shaped releaf cuts in the middle of the spatula, reducing the surface area of the spatula, they will reduce friction and a little weight. Now im no expert on titanium so I don't know how hard it is to cut - just an idea keep up the good work sr.

I like your idea, but cutting holes like you suggest by hand is an impossible job. However, if the spatulas take off and I can switch from hand-cutting to laser-cutting in the future, I will definitely incorporate your idea in the redesign.