PDA

View Full Version : FOUND cell phone boost mobile harriman park NY

banjolady
03-01-2014, 09:49
2/28/14 found a cell phone on the AT a bit south of lake tiorati in harriman park NY. it is boost mobile and screen locked so i couldnt determine any contact info. i will turn it in to either park police or local boost mobile store.

Rain Man
03-01-2014, 12:38
Found a Verizon once on a hike. Looked as if it had been in the woods quite a while. Verizon store said "no problem," they could determine who owned the phone. Just FYI.

Rain Man

banjolady
03-01-2014, 13:35
If it was Verizon it would be much easier. Boost Mobile has track phones and the only way that they can actually trace the phone is to do a hard reset which is to wipe everything off the phone and then they can find the phone number. I would prefer to find the owner and just give it back cause I would hate it if somebody wiped everything off my phone I'm checking with our local police now to see if there's another way there is another

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

4eyedbuzzard
03-01-2014, 14:34
Facebook and Craigslist lost and found sections/pages for the local area you found it would be a possibility, given the "6 degrees of separation" theory.

rickb
03-01-2014, 14:47
If it was Verizon it would be much easier. Boost Mobile has track phones and the only way that they can actually trace the phone is to do a hard reset which is to wipe everything off the phone and then they can find the phone number. I would prefer to find the owner and just give it back cause I would hate it if somebody wiped everything off my phone I'm checking with our local police now to see if there's another way there is another

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just for fun, you might want to try these:

http://mashable.com/2012/09/24/pin-number-top-20/

Starchild
03-01-2014, 15:42
Before you touch the screen too much, if not too late already, you may be able to see the fingarprint password 'swipe' on the phone's glass. Even if you can't see fingar mark smudges you may actually find a pattern microscratched in the glass.