PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Food Drops

TippyTumbles
03-01-2014, 23:33
I am lucky enough that at the end of the winter season, my job had a lot of leftover trail food that I am able to take for free in bulk. This will save me a lot of money! I probably have a month's worth of dinners. I'm trying to figure out what makes most sense to get access to the food once I'm on the trail. I think doing a bounce-box with all the food in it and just taking out what I want and mailing the rest to the next stop would be easiest, but maybe pretty expensive since food is so heavy. The other option I'm considering is pre-boxing and pre-labling boxes of food and have someone mail them to me from home as I approach town. I can always supplement with supermarket food as well... anyone done anything similar? Any advice/insights are appreciated!!

gunner76
03-03-2014, 13:49
IMO it makes more sense to package smaller amounts to pick up along the way.

Kc Fiedler
03-03-2014, 23:53
yeah I'd plan out an itinerary and mail drop just what you need at any give time. bouncing a large/heavy box multiple times will probably cost a lot more than sending smaller individual packages. Not sure tho. Good luck.

Dogwood
03-04-2014, 00:44
I love the name TippyTumbles. My sister had one of those dolls. Is this where you got it from? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fNJRzfJ1QU