PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Designs Vapor Light 2 XL

he.who.forgets
03-02-2014, 00:55
Anyone have an opinion on this tent? On-line reviews seem pretty solid. Just bought it for $166 on an REI closeout sale...seemed like a great price for a very decent tent.

LIhikers
03-02-2014, 01:21
My wife and I use an older Sierra Designs tent. It works well and has given us good service. I hope your works out for you.

he.who.forgets
03-08-2014, 18:30
just picked this up from REI last night. Set up within 3 or 4 minutes. Looking forward to taking it out on a weekend trip.

he.who.forgets
04-01-2014, 18:13
finally had a chance to use this tent last weekend, and I'm pretty happy with it's performance. Stayed warm and dry with only condensation on the outside of the rain fly. Super easy to pitch and strike. I'm going to invest in some new poles though, as the ones that come with it only have holes and no hooks, which I prefer. I also wish there were tie off points on the sides of the tent's base and not just the rain fly, but I guess as long as you have gear inside or you are inside it's not that much of an issue with wind moving the floor around a bit. Also going to buy a smaller, water proof stuff sack for it. All in all, happy with the purchase.