PDA

View Full Version : Unicoi gap trail majic

blue indian
03-02-2014, 21:03
Dropping into Unicoi gap today, I got my first trail magic! A church group came all the way from Louisiana to do trail magic at Unicoi and Neels gap for a couple of days.

NikNak, Streamside, and myself had been talking about cheeseburgers for the past two days and low and behold coming off Blue Mountain into Unicoi there were about 15 of the kindness people waiting to fill our bellies! They had burgers, soda, homemade pralines, water, some re-supply goodies and little hiker packages. I was so grateful!

Big shout out to these folks and if your passing thru be sure to give them a big thanks.

daddytwosticks
03-03-2014, 08:24
Dropping into Unicoi gap today, I got my first trail magic! A church group came all the way from Louisiana to do trail magic at Unicoi and Neels gap for a couple of days.

NikNak, Streamside, and myself had been talking about cheeseburgers for the past two days and low and behold coming off Blue Mountain into Unicoi there were about 15 of the kindness people waiting to fill our bellies! They had burgers, soda, homemade pralines, water, some re-supply goodies and little hiker packages. I was so grateful!

Big shout out to these folks and if your passing thru be sure to give them a big thanks.

Nothing like a greasy old cheeseburger after a few days on the trail. Happy hiking and a big thanks for the folks who perform trail feeds. :)

HikerMom58
03-03-2014, 09:47

LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing, blue indian :banana Happy Hiking!

FarmerChef
03-03-2014, 10:47
Thanks for sharing!

WingedMonkey
03-03-2014, 11:01
How long was this hike that had you so jonesing for cheeseburgers?

Slo-go'en
03-03-2014, 11:42
How long was this hike that had you so jonesing for cheeseburgers?

Let's see. Unicoi is 53 miles from Springer. I guess it doesn't take that long :) Wait until you dream about eating pizza and wake up to find you've been chewing on your hat :eek:

Lone Wolf
03-03-2014, 11:44
Let's see. Unicoi is 53 miles from Springer. I guess it doesn't take that long :) Wait until you dream about eating pizza and wake up to find you've been chewing on your hat :eek:

a month from now there'll be 10 hiker feeds before Unicoi gap. hikers are gaining weight these days

WingedMonkey
03-03-2014, 11:47

I guess I wouldn't have asked him if I had seen the part where he said he started at Springer.

Slo-go'en
03-03-2014, 12:07
He didn't say he started at Springer, I just assumed he did. And with the recent weather, it might have taken them a good week or more to get that far.