PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Customer Service from LEKI

T-Rx
03-04-2014, 09:47
I felt like I just needed to give a shout out to LEKI for their great customer service! I have been using Leki poles for a couple of years now and love them. Last year on a hike of the Foothills trail I took a tumble and in an effort to save my a** I ended up bending one of my hiking poles. I straightened it out as best I could and continued on after getting myself patched up. I didn't think about it again until recently as I prepared for an upcoming trip. On a whim I called LEKI and inquired about their warranty services. The representative I spoke with was extremely helpful. She asked me a few questions to determine which poles I owned and which part of the pole was bent and within 48 hours I was holding the replacement piece for my pole in my hand at absolutely no charge. A simple twist and snap and viola! I have a new "straight" pole again. Thanks so much to LEKI for this awesome service and I would recommend this company's products to anyone based on my experience.

steve0423
03-04-2014, 11:37
+1
You can also walk into any outfitter that carries Leki and they will do the same, (have had one that whined a bit first). I’ve had outfitters pull a new set off the shelf and scavenge latch parts from them, telling me Leki will send them replacements. They work for me, I get incredible customer service, can’t see any reason to buy from another company at this time.

soilman
03-04-2014, 11:46
Had the same experience. Last year as I was preparing for my LT thru I was cleaning my Leki's and noticed a split along the top of the bottom section. I took it to the outfitter and they said it would take about 2 weeks. That wouldn't work since I was leaving the next week. I called Leki and they sent me the replacement and had it in about 2 days.

Data
03-04-2014, 11:49
+1
You can also walk into any outfitter that carries Leki and they will do the same, (have had one that whined a bit first). I’ve had outfitters pull a new set off the shelf and scavenge latch parts from them, telling me Leki will send them replacements. They work for me, I get incredible customer service, can’t see any reason to buy from another company at this time.

I am also a big fan of Leki. I broke one of my sticks on Three Ridges Mounain in Virginia and the outfitter in Waynesboro, VA fixed it free. The mid section had snapped in half when I fell on it. Leki also replaced another section later when it loosened from the bottom section. Both repairs were free and Leki was easy to work with, a big help during a thru hike.

handlebar
03-05-2014, 21:58
+1 also. Great customer service. They've replaced several bent sections over the years. Plus, they show up at Trail Days and the PCT Kick Off where they'll refurb your poles and put on new tips.