PDA

View Full Version : Fuel for an MSR stove in Lihue, Hawaii?

dep
09-13-2005, 16:33
Ok, so I figure this is a long-shot, but what the hell. Anyone know where I can get fuel for an MSR stove in Lihue Hawaii?

Cheers,
dep

Freighttrain
09-13-2005, 17:53
my first response is a local automotive gasoline fueling station, but i guess that would depend on what kind of stove it is....

is it canister, white gas, duel fuel,propane??

The Solemates
09-13-2005, 18:01
Ok, so I figure this is a long-shot, but what the hell. Anyone know where I can get fuel for an MSR stove in Lihue Hawaii?

Cheers,
dep

There is a Walmart and a Super Kmart in Lihue. The Kmart isnt far from the Marriott, where we stayed on our honeymoon 2 years ago. Kauai is by far our favorite island. And if you are planning on doing the trail out of KeKe Beach, you are gonna love it. I would also recommend renting a Jeep or SUV rather than a car. Kauai has miles and miles of off-roading opportunities, which was a lot of fun. We off-roaded to the wettest place on Earth. Over 400 inches of rain annually. And definitely take the catamaran to the NaPali coast. We also did horseback riding, which was fun. I wish I were going back! :clap

kushir0
09-25-2005, 22:15
thanks dep...

i was the one on kauai -- actually was looking for a propane/isobutune cartridge that would fit my jetboil -- none to be found on the whole island.

i even called msr -- no go.

i should've brought my whisperlight but I didn't want to deal w/ cleaning out my fuel tank which was full.

Ridge
09-26-2005, 22:29
The previous examples of not being able to find fuel can be eliminated by getting a sierra zip solid fuel (wood) burning stove. My husband got his years ago when he went to Australia to hike. He's used it ever since.